how long to get primary verified by AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtepper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious... I just submitted yesterday, and I was curious (a rough estimate) when I should start checking back for it to be verified? Also, where do I check for secondaries? Will I get an email, or will it be on my amcas app homepage?
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

There's a thread that has when people submitted and when they were verified. It look like it could take more than 5 business days (so at least a week).
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=527396

Secondaries will be emailed to you typically. There's a thread for that, too:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=530082

The only thing you'll need AMCAS for later is letters of rec for schools using the new service. More information can be found here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=525299

There's a thread that has when people submitted and when they were verified. It look like it could take more than 5 business days (so at least a week).
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=527396

Secondaries will be emailed to you typically. There's a thread for that, too:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=530082

The only thing you'll need AMCAS for later is letters of rec for schools using the new service. More information can be found here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=525299

:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was curious... I just submitted yesterday, and I was curious (a rough estimate) when I should start checking back for it to be verified? Also, where do I check for secondaries? Will I get an email, or will it be on my amcas app homepage?
Thanks.

It kinda depends on how many other people have already submitted when you submit. Early on it looks like it took a little less than a week, but by now it might be pushing 10 days. Of course, there is some randomness in the process, so it's a little give or take.

I submitted my application today and 15 minutes later I got an email saying it was processed. Now, processed is the same thing as verified correct?
Also, on the main page it says that processed applications will start being sent to medical schools on June 24th. Does that mean that none of them have been sent yet and their going to be sent in a huge mass tomorrow?

You sure that e-mail you received wasn't a submission notification e-mail? Being verified/processed in 15 min is hard to believe, especially when people have been waiting over a week right now.

I submitted my application today and 15 minutes later I got an email saying it was processed. Now, processed is the same thing as verified correct?
Also, on the main page it says that processed applications will start being sent to medical schools on June 24th. Does that mean that none of them have been sent yet and their going to be sent in a huge mass tomorrow?

I was surprised as well. I got the submission notification email, and then I got the next email. My GPA is calculated and everything seems to be done.
Have any processed applications been sent though? or is AMCAS sending them all at once tomorrow?

I was surprised as well. I got the submission notification email, and then I got the next email. My GPA is calculated and everything seems to be done.
Have any processed applications been sent though? or is AMCAS sending them all at once tomorrow?

Wow that's great about the first part. And my understanding is that you're correct that they will be sent out at once tomorrow.

Haha... I wish I knew what was going on with the AMCAS verification - you're the second person I've heard of who got a really fast (under an hour) verification.

Supposedly when you submit, you get placed in line behind everyone else who submitted before you, but that's obviously incorrect, since I've been waiting for verification for about 10 days now. Which is annoying.

Haha... I wish I knew what was going on with the AMCAS verification - you're the second person I've heard of who got a really fast (under an hour) verification.

Supposedly when you submit, you get placed in line behind everyone else who submitted before you, but that's obviously incorrect, since I've been waiting for verification for about 10 days now. Which is annoying.

I've been waiting for 12 days... I am probably going to call them this afternoon, people from the day after I submitted are starting to be verified... Frustrating!

I've been waiting for 12 days... I am probably going to call them this afternoon, people from the day after I submitted are starting to be verified... Frustrating!

Yeah, if you do, post what they tell you... I mean, seriously.

Thats unfortunate for me. I submitted on the 18th, hoping to make it to the June 24th group, but that looks like it won't be happening. I would like to be verified by the end of this month though.

I submitted mine on 6/13 and called them this morning to ask what was up. They gave me the standard "4-6 weeks" response, and would not give me any more details or explanations.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on 6/13 and called them this morning to ask what was up. They gave me the standard "4-6 weeks" response, and would not give me any more details or explanations.

Annoying, but not surprising. These basta....people have us by the balls. +pissed+

They gave me the "It depends on how many schools you attended" answer... Which I don't get, so they have an extra school or two to verify, wouldn't that just take them an extra couple of minutes once they start? Don't get it!! Well the day isn't over yet, but lets hope it gets done...

They gave me the "It depends on how many schools you attended" answer... Which I don't get, so they have an extra school or two to verify, wouldn't that just take them an extra couple of minutes once they start? Don't get it!! Well the day isn't over yet, but lets hope it gets done...

trust me, it's BS...i submitted on the 17th...i've gone to one school...it's as easy as it gets...and i'm still not verified...

i thought it was illegal to falsify information like that though - they're obviously lying when they say in the status section that they "put someone in line".

Also from what I have read on other threads, all of the apps. that get verified after tomorrow are sent out that day to the med. schools on the list. Therefore someone verified on Wednesday (6/25/2008) will have their app. sent out that day; there isn't a 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th batch of applications that get sent to the schools. I emailed AMCAS to see if this is correct but ahve not heard back yet. Therefore, though it sucks, getting verified a day from now will not drastically delay your application. Good luck DrJD, I am rooting for you.

I'm so sick of this - My transcript was received on June 10th and I submitted my application on the 13th - still NOT VERIFIED .
Can anybody tell me what is going on ?

I'm so sick of this - My transcript was received on June 10th and I submitted my application on the 13th - still NOT VERIFIED .

They are just backed up right now... a couple days won't make a difference in the long run. And if you think this wait is bad, the people who submit late in the cycle have to wait about a month to get verified. :)

My transcripts (2 of them) were received on June 10th too.
But I submitted my AMCAS on June 20th...
Not yet verified..
I hate waiting..this isn't even a "real" wait either!
This is waiting for waiting!:mad:

They are just backed up right now... a couple days won't make a difference in the long run. And if you think this wait is bad, the people who submit late in the cycle have to wait about a month to get verified. :)

There are people who clicked submit on the 5th, 6th, etc. that still haven't been verified... thats getting pretty close to a month.

There are people who clicked submit on the 5th, 6th, etc. that still haven't been verified... thats getting pretty close to a month.

I'm clinging to the idea that those people just haven't been back to update yet.

I'm clinging to the idea that those people just haven't been back to update yet.
I would think some of them, but someone said that in a post yesterday... I feel sorry for that guy. *(or girl)

I would think some of them, but someone said that in a post yesterday... I feel sorry for that guy. *(or girl)

Also, I believe that you are not technically "put in line" until you have submitted your AMCAS app. and had all of your transcripts received. On the AMCAS verification thread it seems like all of the people that submitted in early June and are still waiting to be verified did not have their transcripts arrive until just a few days ago. Therefore if you submitted on June 10th but your transcripts were not received until June 20th, it is more likely that you will be verified around the time that other people submitting around June 20th are verified, instead of earlier like the June 10th people.

Also, I believe that you are not technically "put in line" until you have submitted your AMCAS app. and had all of your transcripts received. On the AMCAS verification thread it seems like all of the people that submitted in early June and are still waiting to be verified did not have their transcripts arrive until just a few days ago. Therefore if you submitted on June 10th but your transcripts were not received until June 20th, it is more likely that you will be verified around the time that other people submitting around June 20th are verified, instead of earlier like the June 10th people.

BINGO

Other delays are user-error related, such as not putting your classes in correctly. Or, your transcripts are not arriving in alegible format (My school only sent one page according to AMCAS last year... i think they just scanned one page and got lazy, cause I sent 3 copies....)

Website still says it can take up to 6 weeks :(
I'm still waiting to be reviewed and my transcripts were received before my 6/18 submit date.

Website still says it can take up to 6 weeks :(
I'm still waiting to be reviewed and my transcripts were received before my 6/18 submit date.

It's in a 5-6 business day turnaround right now. So, if your transcripts are good and your course entering was good, you are looking at a range of (adjusting for time inflation) 6/27 - 7/3. Still plenty early.

I think I'm going to turn into an alcoholic having to deal with this pointless stress. You think they could hire more people to enter in our transcript information with the ridiculous amount of money we pay them. Does it really cost an additional 30 dollars to electronically forward our application information to an additional adcom??

I think I'm going to turn into an alcoholic having to deal with this pointless stress. You think they could hire more people to enter in our transcript information with the ridiculous amount of money we pay them. Does it really cost an additional 30 dollars to electronically forward our application information to an additional adcom??

There's a monopoly working here. Sincefree market forces can't work, here we are. Besides, hiring seasonal staff is probably not cost efficient for them.

Yeah, dermatologists should form their own monopoly or trust and charge $1,000 to pop a pimple.

I'm totally there with you.
"99 bottles of beer on the wall ...actually more like 9999999999 bottles" at this point
:diebanana: <--AMCAS verifier destroying my hopes

that could explain it... I'll tell you what though, if I'm not verified by the end of this week (transcripts there 6/12, submitted 6/16) that would be a bummer.

Are there different stages of verification? Right now it says my transcript is "in line" to be reviewed. Are there stages like "under review", etc?

Are there different stages of verification? Right now it says my transcript is "in line" to be reviewed. Are there stages like "under review", etc?

yes, there is an "under review" category. It is possible you won't see that though and it'll go straight to "Verified".

Yes, there are. They usually pass by pretty quickly, though. If you happen to be stuck there for a few hours (days?!), it's (usually) because they are fixing errors. You should know that this is the fastest part of the verification season. The later you submit, the longer it takes, though it does start to trickle off after August. It was still 4 weeks for me in October, though.

Boy I sure hope they're not changing all my BCPM classes to AO classes...:laugh:

Also still waiting since june 16 submission...

That's not inconceivable, since it's been about an 8 business day turnaround recently, it could have jumped up to 9 or 10.

I submitted my app on June 16th early in the morning (mountain time) and was just verified today (June 26th) at 2:37 PM (eastern time) which makes a turnaround of about ten business days. I only had one transcript which had already been received about a week earlier and not many corrections were made. Good luck to those just submitting. You'll be verified eventually, but unfortunately I think that the turnaround will only be getting longer as the weeks go on.

I submitted my app on June 16th early in the morning (mountain time) and was just verified today (June 26th) at 2:37 PM (eastern time) which makes a turnaround of about ten business days.

Hm, I thought "business days" referred to M-F? So about 8 business days?

Yeah I'm kind of slow.:) I just noticed my mistake. I guess more like eight or nine business days. Duh, I want ta go to medical school.:p

June 16th "final" submission here (waited on a transcript since June 14th). Verified today at 4:48 PM. Looks like that's about where AMCAS is right now.