Quantcast

How long to hear back from admissions normally?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aarlan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hey all,

Just out of curiosity, how long does it normally take to hear back from admissions once you have submitted your application? I waited until I received my OAT scores to see whether it would be worth applying, so I submitted rather late in the game (2/10/06) for PCO, NECO and SUNY. How long before I should start camping out over the phone or internet?

AA

poohhairt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also applied late (within the last couple weeks) but have heard back from most schools in about a week or two. I'm not sure if the speed is based on GPA/OAT scores, but that is what I've heard.

ariel winter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
for neco and pco, it took about a week. good luck. :thumbup:

aarlan said:
Hey all,

Just out of curiosity, how long does it normally take to hear back from admissions once you have submitted your application? I waited until I received my OAT scores to see whether it would be worth applying, so I submitted rather late in the game (2/10/06) for PCO, NECO and SUNY. How long before I should start camping out over the phone or internet?

AA

aarlan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Awesome...Thanks for the input. GPA was good, OATs were suprisingly better than I expected. I'll keep my fingers crossed...

AA

RLK

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the OAT on Monday. Do you have any secret tips? :)

aarlan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
RLK said:
I'm taking the OAT on Monday. Do you have any secret tips? :)

Whatever you do, RELAX!!! I became rather discouraged during the second section (needed to go to the bathroom and couldn't...not enough time), and I was convinced I was performing miserably. I just said, 'what the heck' and relaxed significantly and I ended up scoring fairly well.

Also, for QR, DO NOT SPEND TOO MUCH TIME ON EACH PROBLEM. I worked in order until each was done, and ended up having approx 15 not finished with 60 seconds left...had to randomly assign a choice. I would have been better served by going through and doing the easy ones first, THEN coming back and working on the tougher ones as time allowed. I know that is what everyone says, but I was too stubborn to admit some of the problems were time consuming for me...I kept thinking, 'I will just work on this one for a minute or two' and I ran out of time and it cost me.

AA

Optiblue

Vancouverite
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
aarlan said:
had to randomly assign a choice
LOL! I love how you worded this!!! "Lottery styled it!" is the way I choose to tell people!