How long to hear back from UNC post-interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteveNC

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Its been a little over 8 weeks since my friend interviewed at UNC and he still hasnt heard back.

How long has it taken you to hear back from UNC after your interview?

Thanks

Steve

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed at the beginning of November and have still not heard back from UNC. Has anyone called the admissions office about their status?

as far as I know only SarahGM has heard anything yet...i started a thread about this called ECU/UNC Acceptance/Rejection Thread...I'd call if you want though, I don't think calling about 1x/month bothers anyone. Good luck!!! I interviewed Oct. 1 and still have heard nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, I heard back (acceptance) after one week.

Anyone else heard yet at all? I want to meet some future classmates!

franklinthedog... have you not heard anything?!?!? Did they not tell you your status was at least on hold?

My apologies... that first post probably sounded like I am an ass... I am just shocked that they haven't at least contacted you. I interviewed in Nov. and haven't heard anything either. I was hoping I would hear in the next few weeks but I guess Carolina is just taking their time selecting applicants. I know like in SarahGM's case if they really like you during your interview they will call you within a week. Otherwise, it takes a bit to get presented to the committee. I hope we all hear something soon. This waiting is killing me.

2 of my friends interviewed in October and were both accepted by December. However, this was the third time applying for one of them and it took her a looooong time to hear back the first 2 times (she was waitlisted both times).

GuamGuy....yes I've heard from them, that I'm on hold, that's about it. I have a feeling it'll be a long time coming one way or the other with UNC.

I interviewed in the beginning of October. In the beginning of December I received a note saying that my application was still under active review and "do not despair." Since then, nada.

SarahGM,

i may be a future classmate of yours. i interviewed in early october and got the phone call on oct 19th, i believe.

What day did you interview, do you remember? I was 10/13.

oops. guess it was a little earlier than i thought. i interviewed on 9/23.

Salutations,
I just recieved the wonderful "we are still reviewing your application at this time" letter, aka "we are just waiting to see if we can find candidates that are more qualified than you." I was wondering if anyone knows if Carolina even gives rejection letters in the middle of the application process or do they just wait until the Spring to save money via bulk mailing of rejection letters. (<--To the optimistic, my apologies for the cynical side-note.) Anyhow, I wanted to see if anyone else has been checking the UNC website to see if there application status has changed. The website is http://www.unc.edu/admissions/ Click on the graduate/professional status link. I wasn't sure if the status of Applied will change to accepted or rejected. I wish everyone waiting the best of luck and congrats to the accepted. (<-- to the pessimistic, my apologies for the hopeful parting)

Originally posted by trunksvegeta
hey guys,
by the way....do any of you know what the chances are to get in/waitlisted after interview?

thanks

It's roughly 45%

~500 interview... ~240 get accepted (~160 matriculate).....

Thats a pretty nice yield.

In reference to the question if your status changes once you have been accepted or rejected on the UNC graduate website....

I don't think it changes. My wife is a law student at UNC and when she applied and was accepted her status never changed...it remained "applied." So, I am not hopeful that it will be any different for us. GOOD LUCK everyone! It doesn't seem like Carolina has accepted many people....I know SDN is not a COMPLETE representation, but I thought more posters would have gotten in by now.....maybe by March?

my status field says "complete." don't know when it changed though. i hadn't checked it before today and i was accepted in october.

I interviewed back in September; aside from the letter in December that said my application was still under review, I've heard nothing.