How long to hear from Georgetown?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minnie2240

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I just had a quick question. For those of you who interviewd at Georgetown, how long does it take to hear from them?

I know they said 4-6 weeks but I'm curious to know actual time from interview to letter.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

minnie2240 said:
Hi all. I just had a quick question. For those of you who interviewd at Georgetown, how long does it take to hear from them?

I know they said 4-6 weeks but I'm curious to know actual time from interview to letter.

Thanks!

I think it varies quite a bit, but they mailed my letter 8 weeks after my interview date.

Tonic1025 said:
I think it varies quite a bit, but they mailed my letter 8 weeks after my interview date.

I am about to hit the seven week mark, and still no word.

Members don't see this ad :)
unfrozencaveman said:
I am about to hit the seven week mark, and still no word.

8 weeks and counting.....

I interviewed on 11/10 and they told me they would be reviewing our batch of apps at about the second thursday in december. well see how close they are...

ChuckRock said:
I interviewed on 11/10 and they told me they would be reviewing our batch of apps at about the second thursday in december. well see how close they are...

How do they even remember us at this point? I forgot I even interviewed there.

unfrozencaveman said:
How do they even remember us at this point? I forgot I even interviewed there.
I think we were actually right when we speculated they had a hidden camera in that glassy room we got so acquainted to. Once they've reviewed the tape from Oct. 13, heard everything I said, and noticed me going to the bathroom every 5 minutes and speculating about what that implies, I should be getting that "competitive applicant pool" piece of paper very shortly. or heck, maybe even a rejection!

MrBurns10 said:
I think we were actually right when we speculated they had a hidden camera in that glassy room we got so acquainted to. Once they've reviewed the tape from Oct. 13, heard everything I said, and noticed me going to the bathroom every 5 minutes and speculating about what that implies, I should be getting that "competitive applicant pool" piece of paper very shortly. or heck, maybe even a rejection!

Easily. Were there any portrait paintings in that room with suspiciously shifty eyes? That sounds right up Sullivan's alley.

I interviewed there Oct 26 (see my post in the bizarre interview moment thread). I was told I will receive a decision Christmas week.

Yep, I will put good money on the same for me too.

I am also getting massively paranoid about the 'burgh.

unfrozencaveman said:
Yep, I will put good money on the same for me too.

I am also getting massively paranoid about the 'burgh.
Oh don't worry about it, I'm sure you'll be fine! I didn't get an e-mail before I got the letter, so not having gotten one yet doesn't mean anything. A bunch of us called the office sometime during the week to ask if a decision had been made, so that we'd know whether or not to compulsively check our mailboxes (well, at least more than usual). You could try that, they're pretty nice over there.

Good luck to everyone still waiting on G'town!

MrBurns10 said:
mmm...I love me some competitive applicant pool action. Soon to be some withdrawal action.

same here burns. got the letter yesterday after an interview during the week of 10/17