How long to recieve CS score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennreb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took CS in November in Houston and still haven't recieved my score. Is this an ominous sign, or just one more reason the AAMC and NBME are a bunch of imbeciles?

Members don't see this ad.

there's something wrong (not sure what)...I took mine Nov 3 in Houston and received my score (via email) Dec 12...maybe your spam filter grabbed it?

I was just about to ask the same question. I took mine in Phili in mid/early november and still don't know if I passed or failed and am getting nervous. I mean, I've already matched, so Im not that nervous, but if I did fail I can't see how I will be able to reschedule at this point...and there really is a large part of me that thinks I could have failed this thing.

EDIT: and i've been checking the NBME site on the off chance that I missed the email.

there's something wrong (not sure what)...I took mine Nov 3 in Houston and received my score (via email) Dec 12...maybe your spam filter grabbed it?

According to the score releasing schedule now posted on the official USMLE site,

For exams taken Nov 4 thru Dec 31, Start of score release date is Jan 30 and closing score release date is Feb 20,so according to that, not having received your score yet is not a meaningful sign one way or the other!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just about to ask the same question. I took mine in Phili in mid/early november and still don't know if I passed or failed and am getting nervous. I mean, I've already matched, so Im not that nervous, but if I did fail I can't see how I will be able to reschedule at this point...and there really is a large part of me that thinks I could have failed this thing.

EDIT: and i've been checking the NBME site on the off chance that I missed the email.

According to the score releasing schedule now posted on the official USMLE site,

For exams taken Nov 4 thru Dec 31, Start of score release date is Jan 30 and closing score release date is Feb 20,so according to that, not having received your score yet is not a meaningful sign one way or the other!!!! ;)

For exams taken Nov 4 thru Dec 31, Start of score release date is Jan 30 and closing score release date is Feb 20,so according to that, not having received your score yet is not a meaningful sign one way or the other!!!! ;)

Thanks. I was starting to freak out a little bit. You would think for $1000 they could grade the thing a little faster.

Thanks. I was starting to freak out a little bit. You would think for $1000 they could grade the thing a little faster.

It isn't that they are that slow to grade your CS assessment, but their policy of making sure that all testing procedures were functioning well and fairly at the center where you were tested. Before releasing scores, the USMLE makes sure that all patients were rating examinees consistently, etc., so it's really designed to ensure that they are being fair to everyone. :)

Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. I wasn't quite yet ready to jump to the conclusion that I failed because so much time has elapsed, but I am concerned that if I did I won't be able to retake it before internship. If I don't get my score until Feb 20 (or even Jan 30) there might not be any openings until after my start date of June 9th...although this does not seem like prime time to take the test.

Darn. This means I have to wait a minimum of 10 days before I get this information.

Oh well...thanks for your help!