1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

How many acceptances do schools usually hand out, total?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Septimusseverus, Jan 13, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Septimusseverus

Septimusseverus 2+ Year Member

Mar 31, 2013
    I'm interviewing at an OOS public school. It interviews about 75/1100 OOS and about 25 people from that list end up matriculating, according to last year's data. Since not all accepted OOSers will attend, I figure they'll give out more than 25 acceptances through the course of the application cycle. Should I expect that they'll hand out 1.5 times the number of seats? 2 times?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jeghaber

jeghaber 2+ Year Member

Feb 25, 2013
    MDApps:
    Boolean and gumdrops like this.
  4. darkjedi

darkjedi how did this get here I am not good with computer 7+ Year Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Physician
    Generally about 40-60% of students wind up matriculating, meaning schools accept anywhere between 1.5 to 2.5 times the number of seats they have. The schools with the highest % yield (matriculants/acceptees) actually tend to be state schools with heavy in-state bias, followed by the higher tier schools.