Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

How many acceptances do schools usually hand out, total?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by Septimusseverus, 01.13.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. Septimusseverus

Septimusseverus 2+ Year Member

I'm interviewing at an OOS public school. It interviews about 75/1100 OOS and about 25 people from that list end up matriculating, according to last year's data. Since not all accepted OOSers will attend, I figure they'll give out more than 25 acceptances through the course of the application cycle. Should I expect that they'll hand out 1.5 times the number of seats? 2 times?

Last edited: 01.13.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. jeghaber

jeghaber 2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Boolean and gumdrops like this.
  4. darkjedi

darkjedi how did this get here I am not good with computer 7+ Year Member

Verified
    Physician
    Generally about 40-60% of students wind up matriculating, meaning schools accept anywhere between 1.5 to 2.5 times the number of seats they have. The schools with the highest % yield (matriculants/acceptees) actually tend to be state schools with heavy in-state bias, followed by the higher tier schools.

About the ads