How many and what schools have you heard NOTHING from, yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
another usc

usc
uc irvine
Stanford

a friend of mind got an interview from tufts about 3 days ago via snail mail (we're in CA)

Members don't see this ad.

I heard from Finch on Monday (pre-interview rejection)

I still have 6 others I have heard nothing from since I sent out my secondaries:

NYMC
SLU
Cincy
Wright
Penn State
Temple

Anyone have anything to offer about these schools?

Yeah what is the deal with USC. Do they throw out overqualified people or have some kind of other criteria that completely outweighs grade considerations. Because my stats are well over their averages and I've got nothin:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
i dunno what the deal with usc is. i wish they would send out rejections as they decide, because i still hold out slight hope for them :( they are more of a reach for me though.

No post-secondary word from:

JHU
Tufts
Harvard

I'm assuming that they're rejections at this point.

I haven't heard from

Sinai
Jefferson
Penn

Einstein - however, was kind enough to reject me, so I was able to take them off my list.

hey! i got rejections from jefferson and gwu this week . . . just wanted to tell all of you who were waiting on them that they actually are probably still considering you!

Welcome to March!

yea, i know, it sucks to be in March without an acceptance, but KEEP HOPE ALIVE.

soon all of our acceptance letters or even just an invite for an interview will be in the mail.

damn this premed thing..would'nt our lives be so much easier without it...

oh well:

havent heard from and CALLED-

Tufts (still deciding)
Temple (still deciding)
Penn state (may be awhile, everyone is on HOLD for interview)
UIC (told me they were still deciding...should hear in 1-2 weeks)
Finch (still deciding)
Howard (their admissions office gives me a MIGRANE everytime i call)

But.....
since its march, I would suggest that you all call your school which you have heard nothing from. Some of them are pretty good about giving you some kind of update.....(except for Howard, who some how refuses to find acknowledge reciept of my LOR).

This sucks but I'm still waiting to hear from 4 schools:

NYMC
Temple
Wright St
Meharry (sent their stuff in kinda late though)

Tufts
Jefferson
Temple
Loyola

I don't really want to go to Temple or Jefferson. Tufts is just lame...sounds like tons of us haven't heard.

I've officially retired the suit.

To update this, since it was my original post:

NYMC
Penn State
Wake Forest
Wright State

That's four left, down from nine. I got the Ohio State, GW, Michigan State, MCV (renegged on interview invite) rejections as well as turning down NEOUCOM (class was full).

Wake Forest still holding, anyone with info on that?

Thought I was the only one at this point. There were five until a few days ago when I got rejected from MCO.

1. Ohio State
2. Cincinnati
3. Wright State
4. Ohio University

I am still waiting to hear from 13 schools (I applied to alot). Here is the list:
Finch, UCLA, George Washington, USC, Loma Linda, Loyola, OHSU, Penn. St., Temple, Ohio State, Tufts, UCD, UCI.

Jetson

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't heard, post-secondary, from:
UChicago
USC

at least one good sign is that I got an interview invite from UPitt last week. So I may heard from these place still. maybe.

Originally posted by koolkao
I haven't heard, post-secondary, from:
UChicago
USC

at least one good sign is that I got an interview invite from UPitt last week. So I may heard from these place still. maybe.

Sorry to tell you, but UChicago stopped interviewing last week, or so a friend of mine who goes there tells me.

I still haven't heard a peep from:

NYMC
SUNY Stony Brook

Waiting to hear post-interview from 5 other schools.

Haven't heard anything post-secondary from Tufts or UPenn. On a waitlist to interview at UCSF. Pretty much given up on any more interviews. Any word on those schools being done?

still holding out slight hope for:

tufts -- just called & told me i will be getting a letter in the next week or two. what kind of letter?!!

usc -- told me they are still inviting people but wouldn't tell me anything else

davis (please please please!!!!)

ucsf (very slight hope)

Originally posted by DukeBluDevl02
... MCV (renegged on interview invite) ...

Man, they did that to me too, I was pretty pissed because I have family that live in Richmond and I chose to send a secondary to them instead of UVA. They rejected me like a week after the interview invite. damn southern hospitality. :)

I haven't heard post secondary from:

GW
MCW
UCD, why won't the talk to me?!?!?!:confused:

woah, down to 3.

Unfortunately, my list has not changed a whole lot. I still have not heard from 15 schools. I did get the Drexel, Ohio State, Marshall, and UCLA rejects within the past month. I am still waiting on:

Miami
Temple
NYMC
Cincinnati
Drew
Meharry
Medical College of Georgia
South Dakota
Colorado
Albany
Vermont
UIC

just to update, i'm down to my last two. i still haven't heard from:
Wright St
Meharry

Waiting on 8 schools:

No secondary (=rejection, without a doubt):
UCLA

No post-secondary contact (=rejection, I'm sure):
Hopkins
Loyola

Post-interview wait:
Univ. of Utah (since October!)
NYMC
Georgetown
Drexel
Albany Med

*sigh* This is torturous.

Well I am still waiting to hear from three more schools post-secondary.

Hopkins
Yale
USC

Any information on the interviewing status of Hopkins and Yale would greatly be appreciated.

Haven't got my official rejection letters yet from:

Yale, UPENN, and Hopkins

I wish they would just send 'em so that little voice in the back of my head that still thinks that there might be a chance, can just stop bugging me.

I have not heard from the following schools, post-secondary (I am an August MCATer):

USC
Wake Forest
Stanford
Mt. Sinai
Tufts
George Washington

I think that USC is done with sending out invitations. I was also under the impression that George Washington was done as well. I am not too sure about the rest though. Does anyone know if they notify by snail mail or email? Well, at least the process is almost over.

Only one left for me:
Loyola

And I'm basically not going even if offered a super late interview, but since I paid them two fees, I'll let them send me a formal goodbye letter.

bump!

I'm an August MCATer...

Haven't heard from post-secondary:
UCI
USC
GW
Tufts
Wake Forest
Jefferson
UPenn (= rejection, just send me the freakin letter for pete's sake)

Haven't heard from post-interview:
Drexel (2/13)

Anyone else?

I haven't heard anything from UPENN since the day I dropped my app in the mail. Not a single peep or buzz off. Oh well.

Still haven't heard from Sinai, Jefferson, or Penn(rejection). Does anyone know if Sinai and Jefferson have stopped inviting?

I called Jefferson, and they informed me that they are *still* inviting until the last week of March or first week of April. Hmmm. Don't know about Sinai...:rolleyes:

it's april now...

my interview status at uci is still on hold since november (maybe they are too lazy to send me a rejection?). haven't heard a peep from usc since submitting my secondary back in october. haven't heard from mount sinai, either.

I have nobody left to hear from, except for post interview, which I haven't heard back from a single one yet.

I STILL haven't heard from UIC, and wouldn't have heard from Loyola either, if I hadn't called them last week. Surprise, surprise- I'm not getting an interview this year. :rolleyes: I mean, come on. At least have the decency to reject me in a timely manner!

My list is now down to six. They are UIC, Drew, NYMC, Temple, Miami, and Vermont! I actually think a couple of these schools are done with their interviews, if they are, I just wish that they would go on and send the rejection letters and quit giving me some glimmer of hope. I got a rejection on Saturday (4/12) from a school that was DATED (3/24) and mailed on 4/9.
:eek:

Miami is done interviewing, Temple is done sending invites to interview (they int until end of April, 2 weeks)...sorry.

Sinai interviews until 5/15, as I was told when i called and asked about my status=waitlisted.

NYMC, I am interviwing on the last day of int, Thu 5/1/03, but I think they are done sending invites unless people cancel...so

To sum up, scratch Temple, Miami and NYMC off...

Anyone have any news on Drexel, I have not been contacted post-secondary...:confused:

I'm waiting on Drexel and Temple (=rejection since int end on 4/30/03).

Now that it is mid April and I still have yet to hear post-secondary from Loyola, I am quite ticked about it. I do have other acceptances, so I know I should not be complaining, but I was really interested in going there. Anyway, my question...now that pretty much every school is done interviewing so there is no hope left, would it be totally inappropriate to call or write to these schools who left us hanging after the secondary, and politely express that it would have been nice to have heard something, anything, in the last 8 months since mailing in our secondaries (and checks)? I just think it is extremely rude what they do to people, and they need to think about maybe changing the way they do things a bit. In case you think I'm kidding, I am serious, although I probably don't have the guts to ever do this anyway. Anybody have any thoughts about this?

Originally posted by kam730
Now that it is mid April and I still have yet to hear post-secondary from Loyola, I am quite ticked about it. I do have other acceptances, so I know I should not be complaining, but I was really interested in going there. Anyway, my question...now that pretty much every school is done interviewing so there is no hope left, would it be totally inappropriate to call or write to these schools who left us hanging after the secondary, and politely express that it would have been nice to have heard something, anything, in the last 8 months since mailing in our secondaries (and checks)? I just think it is extremely rude what they do to people, and they need to think about maybe changing the way they do things a bit. In case you think I'm kidding, I am serious, although I probably don't have the guts to ever do this anyway. Anybody have any thoughts about this?

I have to agree with you completely, especially where pre-interview rejections are concerned. There are a lot of people on these boards without any interviews, acceptances, or waitlists that might have been interested in retaking the MCAT or doing something else to enhance their application that did not do so because they had false hopes that they would hear something from one of their schools at some point. For instance, one school took almost 3 weeks to send me a rejection after the letter had been dated. That is ridiculous! However, I must admit, I don't have the guts to write to them and complain about it at this point. After all, I just have waitlists at this point and can't afford to burn any bridges should I have to reapply.

This is crazy...so many people heard NOTHING from Loyola post-secondary, and I am one of them. I had heard from past applicants that they are always slow, but now I have given up hope. I called in the end of february, and they said my application was still under consideration (I turned it in on August 31st), and that I should definatly hear either way by the end of March. Well, yet another deadline come and gone....why am I not surprized. With my $100, the least they could do is spring for a stamp!

Also, been on hold at UC Irvine since September....the MADNESS!

hey all,
i think i posted a while back that i hadn't heard a darn thing from wake forest or stanford since the secondary. i knew i was getting rejected if it'd been 6 months anyway, and i was happy to receive both rejection letters today (now i get to frame them). out of curiosity, does anyone know if there was something significant about the date april 9th? both were dated that day, so i'm just wondering.

not to detract from the original purpose of this thread -- i am still waiting 4 months post-interview on USC. ;)