How many applicants this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jimjones

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on how many have applied, as say, compared to this time last year. Is there any way to find out? Wouldn't it be sweet if only 16,220 or so bothered.... :D

Members don't see this ad.

That would be wonderful

The consensus is that the number of applicants wont change. I have a very hard time agreeing with this as the process has been so F'ed up this year. Yes, I realize that as a whole, premed types are driven and are accustomed to situations where they need to persevere. I think its clear, however, that the process has changed this year as a result of the upgrade (just ask any med school admission office).

This will result in some modification of the number of applicants. I highly doubt that the numbers will go up, that leaves only one direction. It going to get real interesting over the next couple of months.

29,000-32,000 applications are expected for the entering class of 2002. About half of those have been submitted to AMCAS, the other half are still being worked on by applicants. I truly hope that those of us who have had the initative to take on the responsibilties which lie with AMCAS during this process will be rewarded for our efforts. This process is just so grueling, especially this year. Now that school is underway, I just don't have the time to devote to secondaries anymore. Hopefully, it will work out for all of us in the end. One day we will look back and laugh. It just won't be anytime soon.