how many Biology labs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

matrix570

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Almost every school in my pre-dental guide says the following...

one year's completed course - of general biology (zoology) with lab

So I guess this means that I need two labs because it says "one year"

but here is the problem...In my school(UBC in vancouver), First year bio classes are structured this way: 2 lecture courses, (3 credits each) and another separate lab class (2 credits)

What I'm confused is that I had only one lab, but instead, it was 2 credit-course(normally its 1 credit, right?)

Does this mean that I still need to take one more biology class with a lab? because I only had one lab? or is it ok since its 2 credit-course?

Anyone??

Members don't see this ad.

Almost every school in my pre-dental guide says the following...

one year's completed course - of general biology (zoology) with lab

So I guess this means that I need two labs because it says "one year"

but here is the problem...In my school(UBC in vancouver), First year bio classes are structured this way: 2 lecture courses, (3 credits each) and another separate lab class (2 credits)

What I'm confused is that I had only one lab, but instead, it was 2 credit-course(normally its 1 credit, right?)

Does this mean that I still need to take one more biology class with a lab? because I only had one lab? or is it ok since its 2 credit-course?

Anyone??

Yeah I had a question about that too - I was a Microbio/Biochem major, so I only really took one BIO course with lab (1 semester/half-year). However, since I have a buttload of microbio/biochem courses with labs (both introductory and advanced), do you guys think adcoms would overlook the second semester of BIO w/lab that I don't have?