How many books (excluding textbooks) did you read during college?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many books (excluding textbooks) did you read during college?

• 0 - 5

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 5 - 15

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • 15+

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters

KudosLaLa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's pathetic. TIME magazine (time.com) announced its All-time top 100 English novels, but I can count with my fingers the number of novels I recognize from the list. I try to pick up some decent books to read whenever I can, but I am always bogged down with course work, etc.

How many books, excluding textbooks or any books intended for course work, did everyone read during college?
  1. 0 - 5
  2. 5 - 15
  3. 15+

Members don't see this ad.

I read alot. Mostly scifi stuff, some classics.

Members don't see this ad :)
if one does not read over 15 extracurricular books over the entire course of college, he cannot be considered a scholar. im surprised the standards are set so low in this poll, i was expecting an upper bound of 50 or so

everyone has time, 24 hours per day. the no time response means whatever time a person is using least productively is still being prioritized over reading or whatever else the person claims to not have time for

Shredder said:
if one does not read over 15 extracurricular books over the entire course of college, he cannot be considered a scholar. im surprised the standards are set so low in this poll, i was expecting an upper bound of 50 or so

everyone has time, 24 hours per day. the no time response means whatever time a person is using least productively is still being prioritized over reading or whatever else the person claims to not have time for

I agree. This poll is embarrassing. How is it possible to read fewer than 15 books in FOUR YEARS?!

robotsonic said:
I agree. This poll is embarrassing. How is it possible to read fewer than 15 books in FOUR YEARS?!
ask 90% of america, but at least theyre good for serving as mindless customers (or cosmetic surgery patients) who shell over cash for this or that pursuit of fleeting contentment. sigh, ok ill stop the elitism

Shredder said:
im surprised the standards are set so low in this poll, i was expecting an upper bound of 50 or so

Yeah, before I looked I figured it'd be 100+ or so... which I would still be able to answer.