how many can you get wrong and still get a 230?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alexis17

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay after your exam you start counting mistakes that you made from first aid...for those that scored above 230...how many did you count post exam and still get your STELLAR SCORE....

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

okay after your exam you start counting mistakes that you made from first aid...for those that scored above 230...how many did you count post exam and still get your STELLAR SCORE....

thanks!

I doubt anyone knows for sure, and the answer is going to be different depending on which questions you randomly had.

I have a theory (ie, dont quote me), that your actual score is your raw score. So out of 350 quetsions, where 50 are experimental, your raw score is based out of 300. As such, you could miss 70 and get a 230. Again, before anyone calls me out for BS, I already claimed that this is a theory, I have no idea if its true or not.

thanks!

Interesting how you imply that anything above 230 is a stellar score. Cuz in this forum, you probably wouldn't get that kind of consensus. Of course, coming from me who got a 235, anything above 230 is a GREAAAT score! :D:thumbup:

Sorry, back to your question... it really depends on how you felt relative to previous practice blocks. I was hovering around the low-mid 60% on UWorld when I took the USMLE. And I felt pretty much the same on the real thing (actual test had a couple more gimmie questions).

Interesting how you imply that anything above 230 is a stellar score. Cuz in this forum, you probably wouldn't get that kind of consensus. Of course, coming from me who got a 235, anything above 230 is a GREAAAT score! :D:thumbup:

Sorry, back to your question... it really depends on how you felt relative to previous practice blocks. I was hovering around the low-mid 60% on UWorld when I took the USMLE. And I felt pretty much the same on the real thing (actual test had a couple more gimmie questions).

hey terp...

yeah...had similar percentages on UWORLD practice blocks....

but the thing is when i went to check some of my answers after the exam i was like...doh! doh! doh!

did you nail all of the questions you remembered? cause i know inevitably i missed some others that i don't remember....

thank God for world though...i remember a couple verbatim questions...also from the 150 free questions....

darn dude! i feel like my exam was fair though.....bunch of 2 liners....so i feel like my exam will be graded SEVERELY....

how did you feel post-exam? what do you mean when you say you felt pretty much the same on the real thing?

man i just want to break that STELLAR 230!!!!!! :D