how many cosigners?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kurymode

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i have a question about private loan....im an international student (F1 visa) and did well during undergraduate (3.95GPA/22DAT)....i am applying for dental school but i dont think i can pay for the tuition. i know i can apply private loan for the tuition and i will need a cosigner. my parents are permanant residents here in US so my dad will cosign for me. the thing i really want to know is....can one cosigner cosign 4 times? my dad's credit is not excellent, but good (about 680?) and he is not making that much money. i thought i will need different cosigner every year since after my dad cosign for me, he will have dept for my first tuition. i want to know if my thought is right. is there a disadvantage for student applying with same cosigner on the 2nd year?

Members don't see this ad.

hi, i have a question about private loan....im an international student (F1 visa) and did well during undergraduate (3.95GPA/22DAT)....i am applying for dental school but i dont think i can pay for the tuition. i know i can apply private loan for the tuition and i will need a cosigner. my parents are permanant residents here in US so my dad will cosign for me. the thing i really want to know is....can one cosigner cosign 4 times? my dad's credit is not excellent, but good (about 680?) and he is not making that much money. i thought i will need different cosigner every year since after my dad cosign for me, he will have dept for my first tuition. i want to know if my thought is right. is there a disadvantage for student applying with same cosigner on the 2nd year?

you can have different cosigners...