How many credit is competitive?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HelpMeGetInto

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm non trad wanting to pursuit pharmacy as a career. Currently, I am taking Chem I and BIO I at local cc, yes I know CC, but that's because I already have BS in Business Management well with not so great of gpa (2.9), but good news is I have zero science credit.

Anyways, what is consider competitive ? I'm working around 40 - 45 hours a week and I find taking more then three course killer.

My game plan is as follow

Fall 2010
-----------
Chem II , BIO II, Precalc I , Physics I ( maybe drop 1 )

Spring 2011 - transfer to 4 year University
-------------
Organic I , Calc, Anatomy

Work at local pharmacy store as pharm tech on the weekend

I will also have my original job working 40 - 45 hours.

Take PCAT

Fall 2011
---------

Microbiology, Org II, Stats

Work as pharm tech

Apply to pharmacy school .

Am I killing my self with work and course ?

Any suggestion ? Is it advisable to take prerequisite during summer while working ?

Thank you
Ben

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter really how many credits you take if you're working that much. If you do well in the classes with that work schedule, I would think that any adcom would see that as a big plus.

My god, please learn how to speak properly.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you are underestimating the courses you are taking by just a tad if you are going to work that much during the week. Most students don't work and even struggle with just Chem II and Bio II, but your taking those and physics+precal?

Good luck dude. My best advice is that there is no point in you rushing. If you are really serious in pursuing pharmacy, just take your time and do your best. You don't want to start off on a bad foot and bite off more than you can chew.

Oh yeah, don't think it will be easy just because your taking them at a CC either. I think it's best not to think that way and approach everything with patience and respect regardless of where you are taking your courses.

When I read the title, I thought the thread was about credit score. Now that I've read the body... I still think so? Besides, what dialect of English is this?

When I read the title, I thought the thread was about credit score. Now that I've read the body... I still think so? Besides, what dialect of English is this?

Is this your professional opinion ?