How many December Cornell acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LEdaddy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Judging from the number of people posting on SDN with December Cornell acceptances it seems like a lot of offers of admissions were handed out.

During the interview day, they made it seem like it was only a small percentage. With such a small class (100), it seems like those of us who interviewed later may be competing for very few spots. ...or maybe it's just that the prospect of waiting for two more months is driving me crazy.

Congrats to all of you who got the December acceptances and good luck to all of the rest of us.

Members don't see this ad.

Judging from the number of people posting on SDN with December Cornell acceptances it seems like a lot of offers of admissions were handed out.

During the interview day, they made it seem like it was only a small percentage. With such a small class (100), it seems like those of us who interviewed later may be competing for very few spots. ...or maybe it's just that the prospect of waiting for two more months is driving me crazy.

Congrats to all of you who got the December acceptances and good luck to all of the rest of us.

I've heard people say anywhere from 20 people to 1/3 of the acceptances are given out in December. But this is all SDN hearsay. Either way they have yet to give out the majority of their acceptances so no need to worry yet.

:luck:

I've heard people say anywhere from 20 people to 1/3 of the acceptances are given out in December. But this is all SDN hearsay. Either way they have yet to give out the majority of their acceptances so no need to worry yet.

:luck:

Seems like close to 20 just among SDNers alone! Thanks for the encouraging words.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like close to 20 just among SDNers alone! Thanks for the encouraging words.
I know it's impossible not to stress about it, because i think about this approximately 5,000 times a day...but there is honestly nothing that we can do about it at this point, the rest of the acceptances will be out in march. It does seem like more went out this year than last year, but it might just be the %age on SDN this year. I am constantly told that a large percentage of their class last year came off the waitlist, so i don't even think march will be the end of the line for most of us.

the adcom people told her that approximately 20 people get into cornell in december (she specifically asked this question b/c she is looking at cornell and another ivy).