How many FL CBT should someone take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JP2740

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Besides the AAMC CBT, how many others should someone take? Or is this more than enough?

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the AAMCs (so 8). I think most people take more. After a certain point though a FL is just additional practice, and that can be done in many different formats.

Besides the AAMC CBT, how many others should someone take? Or is this more than enough?
Its more than enough if your scores are consistent and w/ in the score range you expect for the real test. If your getting 27's 35's 30's etc and you really have some gaps in your content... 8 is enough but if yoou do not feel confident then take more...it wont hurt as long as it doesn't compromise necessary content review.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm taking TPRH class, which has 9. So 9 TPR FL + all AAMC FL is sufficient?

I'd take as many as you can, assuming (1) you aren't sacrificing concept review/mastery just to do questions and (2) that you can take the tests under appropriate conditions and give them your full concentration.

You should take as many as you can both take and completely review the day afterwards, because going over the exam is more important than actually taking it, at least at first.

And rather than quantity being a worry, you should consider quality. It's better to take eight really good exams rather than fifteen average exams. Most of the AAMC exams are really good, but not all eight of them. You should do 5, 7, 8, and 9 for sure. The other four to six you choose should offer a variety of styles and difficulty.

If you have time to take and thoroughly review ten exams total:

• AAMC 5, 7, 8, and 9

Six from the following:
    AAMC 4, 6, and 10 (one at most)
    PR (one or two)
    GS (one or two)
    BR 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, and 9 (two)

If you have time to take and thoroughly review fifteen exams total:

• AAMC 5, 7, 8, and 9

Eleven from the following:
    AAMC 4, 6, and 10 (two)
    PR (two or three)