How many Fls per week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

globy321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. How many FLs should you do per week to prepare for the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Probably 1-2 per week. I'm doing one every 6 days.

You should take a day after the test to review it and take a break from the grind of studying. Burn-out is no fun :(

My schedule is:

Day 1: Review a FL
Days 2,3,4,5: Study!!
Day 6: Take another FL

Personally I can't imagine taking them any more often than this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am doing 3 Kaplan FLs per week. Is that too many per week?

there is some value in practice tests, don't get me wrong, but i find most of the value is in going over the test to see what i got wrong, and then reviewing any troublesome topics. if you can do all of that on top of a practice exam every other day, i suppose that works. for me, though, I'm not focused enough to even try. I'm doing two tests a week for the remainder, but that'll probably slip a little.

I did four/week in the two weeks before the test. In retrospect, I should've timed out my schedule a bit better and done only two/week over a month. If you take the practice test seriously, it can leave you just as mentally exhausted as the real thing.

I did four/week in the two weeks before the test. In retrospect, I should've timed out my schedule a bit better and done only two/week over a month. If you take the practice test seriously, it can leave you just as mentally exhausted as the real thing.

i am doing 2 per week for 2 months...hopefully it'll get me a good enough score (a double digit score starting with a 3)