How many FLs should I take in 30 days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jtsmalls

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I pushed my test date back because content review took me way too long. I'm about to finish it up in the next few days.

I'll have 30-33 days before my test date that I'm going to spend on FLs. I have all AAMC and Kaplan, and can purchase others if necessary.

How many exams can be reasonably squeezed into 30ish days? I don't want to get burned out, but I do want to improve my score as much as possible.

Should I be taking a FL every 3 days?

Members don't see this ad.

I think 1 every other day is the best
1 / 3 days is OK too as long as you keep getting occupied

T.A.

Last edited:
Personally I think one every other day is a bit too much. The way I have it set up,
Sunday - FL + some practice questions/passages
Monday - review FL
Tuesday - review practice questions/passages and review any content you need to brush up on (based on how you did on the FL)
Wednesday - more review, chill, etc
Thursday - FL #2 + more questions
Friday - review FL
Saturday - review questions + review any content you need to brush up on

Then repeat a total of 4 weeks - that should give you 8 exams without any worry about burning out or wasting practice material without sufficient review

Here's what I'm doing.

I take the practice tests on MWF, review on TuThSat, and rest on Sunday. On MWF I take the test in the morning, and then do phase 3 of Berkeley review one chapter from each subject. On TuThSat I review the exam and do discrete problems from TPRH Science Workbook.

I suggest you come up with a schedule that fits your needs and see how far you can push yourself without burning out. Good luck OP.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im doing something similar. I take a FL in the mid-morning (not a morning person, my exam is in the afternoon) then I take a break for a few hours, maybe watch some tv, then I go back a couple hours later and go over everything that I missed.
The next day, any topics that I missed or were weak on I study those in the morning, take a break, then do practice problems for those topics and go over them.
Repeat thrice a week then one day for break :)

Thanks everyone.

I'll probably come up with a 3 day schedule with day 1 for FL, day 2 for going over it, and day 3 for review/rest. I think I'll get burned out if I do a FL every other day.