• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

How many FLs to take

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2007
  1. Resident [Any Field]
    Depends on which tests you're using. If to get to that 20 test mark you used subpar tests, it wouldn't be worth your time. Other than that, as long as you space out your tests to fit your schedule, you should be okay. Generally, people just take all of the AAMC FLs.

r1b0s0m3

Nov 16, 2010
    1. Pre-Medical
      Depends on which tests you're using. If to get to that 20 test mark you used subpar tests, it wouldn't be worth your time. Other than that, as long as you space out your tests to fit your schedule, you should be okay. Generally, people just take all of the AAMC FLs.

I want to take AAMC 3-11, BR 1-7, and like GS 1-7. Some people on here say "at least take 15 FLs" but there are also others that take only 5 FLs and get a 37 on the MCAT. So I'm not sure...

@ the above poster: I got a 33 on aamc 3 :/

About the Ads

SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jun 27, 2007
      1. Resident [Any Field]
        I want to take AAMC 3-11, BR 1-7, and like GS 1-7. Some people on here say "at least take 15 FLs" but there are also others that take only 5 FLs and get a 37 on the MCAT. So I'm not sure...

@ the above poster: I got a 33 on aamc 3 :/

I'd recommend all of the AAMCs or a mix of AAMC and BR for about 8-10 tests.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.