How many FLs to take

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r1b0s0m3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was thinking 20 FLs..is that too much ?

Members don't see this ad.

I was going to take that many, but then revised the number downwards after I took my first practice AAMC. You might want to take AAMC3 sometime soon to see where you stand and then adjust the number of FLs you aim to complete accordingly.

Good luck.

Depends on which tests you're using. If to get to that 20 test mark you used subpar tests, it wouldn't be worth your time. Other than that, as long as you space out your tests to fit your schedule, you should be okay. Generally, people just take all of the AAMC FLs.

Depends on which tests you're using. If to get to that 20 test mark you used subpar tests, it wouldn't be worth your time. Other than that, as long as you space out your tests to fit your schedule, you should be okay. Generally, people just take all of the AAMC FLs.

I want to take AAMC 3-11, BR 1-7, and like GS 1-7. Some people on here say "at least take 15 FLs" but there are also others that take only 5 FLs and get a 37 on the MCAT. So I'm not sure...

@ the above poster: I got a 33 on aamc 3 :/

I want to take AAMC 3-11, BR 1-7, and like GS 1-7. Some people on here say "at least take 15 FLs" but there are also others that take only 5 FLs and get a 37 on the MCAT. So I'm not sure...

@ the above poster: I got a 33 on aamc 3 :/

I'd recommend all of the AAMCs or a mix of AAMC and BR for about 8-10 tests.