How many have interviews at UCSF????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCSFpharmgirl8

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone....besides Prolab007 have many of you have interviews at UCSF? Also...when are you guys having your interviews?? If any of you have questions....don't hesitate to contact me. bye-bye

Members don't see this ad.

Late January interview for me :)

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is also scheduled for Feb 13th! Looking forward to it!

I have an interview on the 7th of February. Did anyone already have their interview at UCSF? Any suggestions?

good luck on your interviews. make sure you know about the Naplex examination and that it is effective as of this january 04 and replaced our old Board Exam. Also make sure you read up on the Medical Cuts and how this will affect our clients and our prescription dispensing. Also...you may want to read on "Plan B" and that this is pushing to be available OTC for Feb. Just be aware of some of the new things that are going on in the field of pharmacy.

Pharmagirl, you are so helpful!

Did anyone already have their interview in UCSF this year?

Hey you guys.....I'm so happy right now...just got in from seeing "STAIND"...this was my 1st concert ever. They are a really good band :) . To answer Erlow question....I think the first interviews scheduled for UCSF are late January. One of my friends is having hers on Feb 7 and I guess there are more interviews scheduled during Valentine's weekend. This is all I know. I'm curious to know how many applicants UCSF is planning on interviewing. If anyone knows...could you please let me know.....thanks.

I read somewhere on UCSF website that they would be interviewing around 250 applicants.

Erlow, I PMed you regarding your requests.

Thank you, BMB and Pharmgirl.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview on Jan 30th.

gfengd - What time is your interview? Mine is at 4:00 p.m.

Dear pharmgirl, I was wondering if the interviewer are organized purposely, I mean, if I am interested in pharmaceutical scince pathway, which was reflected in my application documents, so the interviewer will be a scientist, and student interviewer will also from that pathway? Or just randomly? Thanks a lot!

pharmgirl,
I heard form my friends that had SF dental interviews that the format is pretty much the interviewer asking to elaborate on the parts of the application, essays, etc. Is this the case?

tanyas,
that's true. they do ask you some questions based on what you put on your application. so you should have full knowledge of what you said and be able to discuss in details.
besides that, they also ask you some questions that may or may not be related to pharmacy.
good luck.

Does anyone know if we need to submit Fall 2003 transcripts directly to UCSF?

Saw this on the pharmcas web site for ucsf.

"2. If enrolled in the fall 2003 term, a transcript for this term should be ordered and mailed to PharmCAS as soon as grades become available. At this time applicants will also be expected to update online the self-reported academic history entered when the PharmCAS application was initially created. "

"3. If enrolled or planning enrollment for the winter, spring and/or summer 2004 terms, transcripts for these terms should be ordered and sent directly to the UCSF School of Pharmacy as soon as grades for those terms are posted."

"4. Applicants who expect to earn a degree during this time must also request that an additional degree conferral transcript, separate from the final term grades transcript, be sent as soon as the degree is posted."

hope tha helped.

I emailed the Office of Student & Curricular Affairs...and they said to send fall transcripts to PharmCAS.

i'll be leading a campus tour and Q&A session on Feb 9. see you guys there!

I have an interview for UCSF...I plan to ask them 2 questions only (no essay):

why should I choose to go to their school? and

how much do they plan to pay me in scholarships to go?

I will then rank the answers of all the schools applying to have me as their student and let them know thru US Mail around mid-March about my decision. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applicants, I am unable to accomodate appeals nor deferment requests.

i'm chilling at my parents' house, heading over to ucsf in about 90 minutes... anyone else going to be there this afternoon? i'll post about it when i get home...

yeah...this dude is sure funny...i hope you meant it, player!:laugh:

My interview went really well. It's a mellow day. You arrive, check in and the give you packet which explains everything you need to know. It also should have your prereq evaluation in there and you can make an appt to talk to them about it after your essay and interview. I had some unexpected problems with my prereqs so make sure you talk to them if you feel something is wrong. The essay gives you 3 topics to pick from and the are all pretty thought provoking, more so than USC or UCSD I thought and there is no way to prepare for it. It all has to fit in this box so write small! My interview was very laid-back and conversational, a student and a faculty and all they have are your ECs and essays, no GPA or other #'s. There are students in a room you can talk with and take a tour. Get them to show you the view from the library--it is awesome! The fitness center looked really good too. Overall, a good day and I hope they straighten out my prereqs and let me in :)

So my interview of UCSF began with this fire alarm scare... After that was over, I was called in to meet with a faculty member (a dean of some sort) and student (3rd year), who were in awe that my essays were both 1/2 page long, double spaced (they kept flipping thinking that they lost the rest of my essays). hah

Clearing my throat very noticably to get their attention, I proceeded to ask my questions. Obviously, they were more scared than I was as they didn't have one question for me before my interview time was up. They basically told me that I should choose UCSF b/c they are the leader in pharmacy clinical education and they have pathways that are unique to UCSF. If I chose to continue with research, they would accomodate me completely. As for the scholarships, they already earmarked a full scholarship for me that includes housing, books/supplies, and a $500 mthly stipend. The also offered me muni/bart passes for the entire time I'm here. Before I left, I told them I would take their offer into consideration and get back to them in mid-March. I still have an interview at UTexas...I expect them to offer me a herd of their prime cattle.

So after that was over, the people at the registration table told me that I still had an essay to do, but only as a formality. I went into another room with other interviewees to write it. There were several thought-provoking questions, but basically I left my trademark 3-sentence answers for all of them. And then it was over. Of note were the chat room and tour: some of the applicants are pretty cute. :p

When I go up next weekend I'll make an oral commitment if they match the offer they gave to Player - but I'll want a reserved parking spot by my classes also. Player, keep those posts coming!!!

hey anyone know a good parking spot at UCSF or good place to stay for the interview???????

I just had my interview on Jan 30.

UCSFpharmgirl8, will you please check your pm? Thank you!

Hey Fade2Blue and One-day....check your private messages :)
A good place to stay while interviewing is Carl Hotel...their # is 415-661-1544....mention that you have an interview...and they might give you a discount.

Hey does anyone know if it's ok to call ahead and ask who your interviewer is going to be?

So I just got back from my interview!
It was good!

Couple of things to add:
For your interview they bring you into this room of makeshift cubicles where multiple people are interviewing at the same time. Also I hear they are accepting 123 people this year!! Woohoo and that they are interviewing 280.

For the writing portion, I totally was so involved, I forgot what the instructions on the page with the box were! Can anyone tell me what the little paragraph above the box said? Other than, write your essay here??

The paragraph above the box just repeated the 3 topics you had to choose from. So, you didn't miss anything important! What topics did you have? I wonder if they use the same ones. I had my interview on Jan 30th.

Had my interview yesterday. I think yesterday was San Diego day. Everybody I met was from the SD area; I guess UCSF sets aside one Saturday to interview people from the SD area. UCSF Pharmgirl's interview prep was very helpful. I wasn't in a bigger room with makeshift cubicles for my interview. I was locked in a room with my interviewers: The prof was laid back, but the 4th year was kinda puckered. I went ahead and deferred my admission until they actually offered me admission. I really wanted to buy a UCSF sweatshirt yesterday, but I didn't want-to-be a wannabe.

Hmmm, microbus64, you were on Saturday at UCSF to interveiw? What time was your interview? I was there as well, with my fellow P1's answering your questions and showing you guys around. I was at the 2:30-4:30 session, so things were quieting down by the latter half. Anyway, I hope you guys got all your answers answered and maybe we'll cross paths next fall. Forget about the clothes they got at the UCSF bookstore. The class of 2007 will be selling you awesome T-shirts and sweatshirts and anything else we can think of.

For those interviewing tomorrow, watch out for UCDBiochem, haha.

yeah, i'll be there on monday from 3-5pm. see u later!!!!!