How many hours of PostBacc? Do I retake my C+ in Orgo1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RyLove

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Current cGPA: 3.18
White Male
21YO

Cell and Molecular Biology senior graduating in May. Graduated in 3.5 semesters and due to hand injuries I couldn't take the MCAT last spring. I went through courses too quickly, worked 40+ hours a week and never could figure out how to pull off As in my core classes. I think I am just beginning to understand what it takes, but I did not do well my first year and been doing slightly better since. Never retaken a class but I was always between 16-19 credit hours a semester, mostly 18 and 19. I am not a honors student, and anticipate I will graduate with roughly a 3.2cGPA (sitting at 3.18 currently, but am anticipating a few As this semester), so hopefully I can finish +3.20.

GPA goes as: 2.69, 3.05, 3.43(summer), 3.38, 3.51, 3.33 (summer), 2.82, 3.13, 3.35 (summer).

19 of my courses are Bs or B+, with 12 courses being As. (including labs and lectures).

Do I retake my Cs and Orgo2?
My C's are as listed:
- PLS 101: C-
- BMS 110: C+
- HST 121: C+
- Orgo1: C+
** Took Orgo2 at a CC: B

My ECs are above average, but my LOR are way below. Never done research. Also need advice on acquiring good LOR from faculty before applying this cycle.

To make myself competitive for DO, how many postbacc credits would I need to complete and what GPA should I shoot for? I take the MCAT in beginning of May and was planning to apply this cycle.. Bad idea? I have been scoring between 503-509 on my practice exams. Should I wait for a year of PostBacc and then apply? But then thats 2 years off and I dont really want to do that... Advice?

Members don't see this ad.