How many hours of shadowing to go for on first day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JakeSill

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dentist is open for me to stay as long as I want for the day

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Then my question would be, why did you ask us? If it only matters between you and him, and he doesn't care how long you stay, why post the question?

For what it's worth, I think you'd wear out your welcome after three or four hours or so. That was always my limit.

Reactions: 1 users
For what it's worth, I think you'd wear out your welcome after three or four hours or so. That was always my limit.

Definitely depends on the dentist. The general dentist I shadowed was cool with me staying a whole 10 hour shift once a week. She even offered to let me come in on the weekends she worked.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I'd go for 3-4 hours if I were you. But i really don't think it matters. Whatever you wanna do!

Reactions: 1 user
I want to go back again, but looks like she wanted it to be a one day thing since she didn't mention anything about me coming back...should I email her to ask her if I can come again?

I want to go back again, but looks like she wanted it to be a one day thing since she didn't mention anything about me coming back...should I email her to ask her if I can come again?

If she says so, go find another? Not a big deal if she says no