How many hours of studying each day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virajpatel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I have noticed that I am spending a lot less time studying as my test date approaches. I am following Ari's schedule and doing the practice problems and going over them doesn't take me 8-9 hours like my initial study stages of content review did. Should I be doing something differently?

Members don't see this ad.

If you don't take the usual 8-9 hours because you fly through the material easily that's fine. I've seen people on here who study 4-5 hours a day and get great scores. Time is a variable and it changes depending on your understanding of the material. Personally, I spend 8-10 hours a day because I am very weak in a few of the subjects so I'm relearning them from point 0 basically. If you are concerned that you should be studying with more time then add more practice sets to your plan or add more subjects to study to fill in that time gap.

I studied 9-12 hours every day for the last 2 weeks. My scores jumped from 18 to 25-30 on the last week. I suggest you keep looking over notes while doing problems because it helps solidify things and identify possible weak points.

Members don't see this ad :)
I studied six days a week 8-10 hours a day with a shorter day here and there and ended up with 22AA/23TS/23PAT. I had to basically relearn everything

Study how much you feel you need to. The first 2 weeks (I studied 6-7 weeks total) I was putting in 12 hour days, 5 days a week. The last 4ish weeks I did probably 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. By the end I don't think I really needed to keep studying, I felt ready I just kept reviewing because I didn't know what else to do at that point.

Honestly, I have noticed that I am spending a lot less time studying as my test date approaches. I am following Ari's schedule and doing the practice problems and going over them doesn't take me 8-9 hours like my initial study stages of content review did. Should I be doing something differently?

Just study when your ready....

Go in slowly for the learning excitement

Start with a nice bio video,

Then move on to some simple gen chem

If you are still not excited, just focus on just one type of Orgo concept, and break it down.