How many hours per day can you study during dedicated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GomerPyle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Without going insane/burning out? I'm trying to plan out dedicated study time (approx 5-6 weeks) which begins soon for me!

Members don't see this ad.

Pretty much every waking moment minus 2 or 3 hours to eat and shower and rest

Reactions: 1 users
Try to get 8-8.5 hours of sleep per day. And then factoring in some exercise, eating, etc, I would say you can get about 11-14 hours a day. When I did my study period I made sure to get through a certain # of UWorld questions, pages of First Aid, NBME questions, picmonic cards, etc, rather than trying to study for a certain amount per day.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I agree that you need to sleep well. I find my self that I get exhausted after 6 hours of studying without any break. In my case, I think I spend about 8-9 hours of studying excluding break time. So pure studying time is about 8-9 hrs in my case. this is a mental torture! lol!

I'm out of the house studying the entire day, and I get roughly 6.5 hours (normal) - 8 hours (really good) of actual studying. I just set a timer and pause it for breaks, lunch, etc. so I can figure out the rhythm for the day.