how many hours?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr_Biscuit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many hours do you "MD students" study per day?....just curious:)

Members don't see this ad.

How many hours do you "MD students" study per day?....just curious:)

Everybody is different, daily study schedules are different, and school schedules are different (full day classes versus partial day classes; monthly exams versus bi-monthly etc), and then 3rd and 4th year are radically different than the first two years, so there is really no one answer to this question.
In general it's pretty safe to say you will be working substantially more hours than college. The material during the first two years is so voluminous that it normally requires at least a few hours of work daily even in the lightest weeks just to keep up, and most people will wratchet the time up substantially during the week preceeding exams. Expect to spend most weekends in the books -- that tends to be the only large block of time you have to review and organize the weeks material in total.

BTW this thread is not posted in the right place.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I know, I'm really sorry about that. Thanks for replying!

study 3-5 hrs a day and you'll be ok most likely.

change it to 10 hrs a day the 2 weeks prior to exams.

college is a joke compared to med school...so forget everything you think you know about studying.

Actually I was talking about med students, but anyways thanks for replying, there are some pre-med students that will benefit from your answer. Thanks for replying!!

I don't know, but I think he/she was talking about pre-med because she/he said "college is a joke compared to med school" ..........I don't know :)