How many interviewees per interview day?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darwin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have already interviewed...how many people are usually there on the same day? I was thinking around 30-50, but the URM thread has indicated around 5-15. How many/day have you encountered?

Members don't see this ad.

30-50! Nope, it is lower (at least the number at my interview was). There were about 11 at mine.

between 6-16 at mine, though I talked to a girl at one who said there were 40-50 people when she interviewed at michigan

Members don't see this ad :)
At Baylor and UT Houston, there were 50-60 applicants each day. UT Houston interviews over 1200 people, and Baylor around 600 people.

HTH.

For me it's varied from 7 to 65 over the last few interviews. Depends on the school- check that msar thing, i'm sure it has the numbers in there, tho i've never looked. --Trek

my only interview so far had 4 (including me).

When I scheduled my interview with Iowa I asked how many prospective students would be intervied on the day I chose. I was told 8-12.

It's pretty easy to figure out how many students per day if you check how many the school interviews total and how many days per week. For example, Univ. of Chicago interviews 600 between September and March, 3 days a week. So that gives them approximately 7/day. When I went, the admissions counselor told me they always have 8 or less. UMDNJ-Newark had 4 and UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson had a whopping 14.

This morning at VCU, there were 7 of us.

When I interviewed at Michigan there were 26 of us.

You really think they interview 7 days a week for months? I think adcoms need a break at some point...

I would say Cornell was around 10, and Columbia 15.

There were 15 at Pitt.

There were 10 of us at the University of Maryland today, but the MSIV who gave us the tour said that it was a large group.

There were about 10 of us at my last interview. When I asked about it when I scheduled my Iowa interview, the lady said they have an upper limit of 15/day.