Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How Many Interviews Do You Need...?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by PAGuyana, Dec 2, 2008.

1. PAGuyana

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    in order to feel confident that you will be accepted by a school? Just an opinion question.

2. chiz2kul

chiz2kul t.roll.ed for Banning
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    As many as you can go to.

3. Chemist0157

10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Depends on at which schools you're interviewing. Statistically, many schools accept half the people they interview. But don't feel like you'll squeek in because your "chances" are good. I didn't feel confident about an acceptance until I actually got the phone call. Theoretically, you could get an interview at every U.S. school and still get no acceptance; there's a lot of anecdotal evidence around here about people who got 10 interviews and 10 waitlists, eventually no acceptances.

Many interviews =/= acceptance

However, in my mind, I was feeling pretty good once I had 5 interviews at schools where I felt like I was a strong competitor.

4. lainapox

lainapox A little crazypants
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    It depends on your personality (how paranoid, anxious, confident, arrogant, level-headed, insecure, etc you are), your qualifications, where you applied, how you interview...

There is no universal answer.

5. Kaustikos

Kaustikos Archerize It
    10+ Year Member

(Number of Interviews/Number of schools applied) * (100 - ( luck + chance) + 0.50 interview skills)) = chances of acceptance

6. guestdoc

guestdoc School Again X 2
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'd say about 6 or 7 interviews at some places that you feel confident about getting into--that'd be a good situation. :luck::luck::luck::luck:

7. cubssox2000

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Over 9000. Lol

But seriously, you need as many as get offered to you until you get an acceptance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...