How Many Interviews Have You Had So Far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

briansle

Cell A
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious how many interviews people in this forum have gone to.

Not how many interviews have you recieved, or plan to go to.

But actually have completed, or will complete prior to Dec 1st.

Members don't see this ad.

6 completed b4 dec 1

I've been to 3 so far.
It's been quite an experience I must add.

Members don't see this ad :)
attended 3 so far...
will have completed 6 by Dec. 1

briansle said:
I was curious how many interviews people in this forum have gone to.

Not how many interviews have you recieved, or plan to go to.

But actually have completed, or will complete prior to Dec 1st.

I have completed 5, and that is all I plan on going to!

I've completed 6, and that's all I planed to go, declined 2 invites, rescheduled 2 in Jan. in case I don't get in the ones I really want to attend.

just one (completed)...
and one scheduled
-still havn't heard anything (other than secondaries) from four of my schools-but it sounds like no one else has either...

three before 12/1 for now... hoping for more to come. :)

4 big ones by the dec 1, 1 after just in case.

five so far, hopefully i won't need anymore after dec 1. whatup djsahand

In double digits by then :)

Members don't see this ad :)
dat_student said:
In double digits by then :)

So you're telling me you will go and complete atleast 10 interviews by Dec 1?
Your Parents must be loaded, for you to afford that kind of traveling.
Why are you going to so many? It seems like you have great stats.

Are you legit? Or just making things up?

briansle said:
So you're telling me you will go and complete atleast 10 interviews by Dec 1?
Your Parents must be loaded, for you to afford that kind of traveling.
Why are you going to so many? It seems like you have great stats.

Are you legit? Or just making things up?

My parents are not loaded and believe it or not you can go to that many interviews with around $500 if you schedule your interviews wisely.

Plane tickets:
Around $120 to get to east coast from California (one way - including taxes)
2 x 120 = $240

500 - 240 = $260 for everything else

260 / 6 nights (7 days) = $43 (Hotel)
or
260 / 5 nights (6 days) = $52 (Hotel)

For regional interviews or interviews in the state of California I don't need to stay anywhere.

*NOTE: An applicant can also work and use his/her own money. You don't have to rely on your parents for everything.
*NOTE: I go to that many interviews because I am not a good mind-reader. I don't know which schools and how many schools will accept me and I don't want to regret any decision for the rest of my life.

i applied to 5 schools this summer and (finally) received interviews from all of them -- three before dec. 1st, one a little after and one in january which i hope i won't need to attend

i will have five interviews before december 1. I already had four and my fifth is at Pitt on the 21st.

WIll be finished 6 by Dec 1. I've already had 5 by now.

One interview only :mad: but it was ucla (one of my top two picks) :) Oh, and I didn't want to go to an arizona interview i was invited to.

OHSU, UCSF, Marquette, Washington... They are all haters!!! Give me an interview or send me the "we regret to inform you..." letter. This waiting in limbo is killing me!

jeanniebluebird said:
I totally understand this way of thinking. I too applied to many schools and i will complete about 10 interviews by december 1st. i have three more scheduled in january that i will only go to if i dont get an acceptance. These days competition is getting tougher and tougher and you can never know which schools will accept you, even if you have better stats than most of their previous incoming classes and you have extra curriculars up the wazoo. So why cut your chances just for the sake of money? I mean yes its expensive but we are all going to be in a lot more debt in a few years anyway. Plus the other thing i have found is that a school can be on the bottom of my list before i interview and then move up the ranks towards the top after really seeing it and talking with people at the school. The opposite happens for some schools near the top of my list, they can move down.

Do all of you anti-risk takers realize running a dental business will require you to take some big risks? Worried with over 10 interviews!?? C'mon...

I don't think 10 Interviews is bad. I would do the same if I had the money. I think it leaves all of the doors open. There is a 40% increase in applications this year, that means competition is growing. Can never be too safe.

Interviewed at:

BU, UCONN, UPENN, UoP, and UBuff.

VegasBabyVegas said:
Do all of you anti-risk takers realize running a dental business will require you to take some big risks? Worried with over 10 interviews!?? C'mon...

Haha- I think I am a risk taker, i have recieved only two interviews and I turned one of em down! Risk taking... or stupid... or really stupid... Who knows.

Interviewed at:
Columbia :) , UPenn, UConn, MCG, Nova, Louisville

Will interview at:
BU

Declined Interview at:
Temple

Still waiting on interviews from Tufts and UNC.

I'll only have one before dec 1st. :( But I do have another one in January and one in march. :oops:

Only 2, hoping for more, or that I get into my top choice in December!

I have had 3 and one on dec 7. I have my fingers crossed!

I have scheduled 2 out of the 9 schools. Should i start to get worried cuz it seems like almost everyone is done with their interviews?

3 interviews before Dec 1. VCU, UB, and Pitt. Waiting on Maryland. For some reason they can't figure out my AADSAS transcripts. I'm not sure what their deal is.

I passed up 3 interviews, because I felt I had done enough.

But then I got rejected by one of my post-interview schools. And as DEC 1
starts getting closer I just want to choke my stupid-self.

I so regret not going to atleast one of the 3, I withdrew from. I should have atleast rescheduled them for after Dec1.

The regret eats away at me everyday and I just want to bang my head like VandyYankee's avatar.