Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

How Many Interviews In One Week....

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by drmota, Dec 22, 2005.

1. drmota

drmota 2K Member
    5+ Year Member

is too many? is tuesday, thursday, and friday interviews in 3 different cities too much? fly into the tuesday interview, fly to the thursday interview wednesday and then get a train from the thursday to friday interview. what do you all think? thanks.
    -mota

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jebus

jebus Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

What's the alternative? Reschedule one (the Tuesday one?) until March/April?
    It's a lot of interviews, nukka, but they're all sort of convenient - especially from CA.
    Good luck at Minn. They gave you that hella quick. I think they like you.

4. BerkeleyMD

BerkeleyMD Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I think three is comfortable in one week. In Oct flew into NY had NYMC on a Tues, VCU on Thurs, and BU on the next Mon. I was with family in NYC, and actually drove to each school. It was chill and felt more like an vacation than an interview circuit.

I'd only worry about Thurs/Fri, because if you miss your train, or its late you are going to want an alternative route. Maybe rent a car, but then again, it depends where in the country you are going.

Last week I missed my connecting flight out of Dallas to Norfolk, and I couldn't get to my hotel until the morning of the interview. Friggin' 3am in the morning, and my jet-lagged ass all had to iron my suit before taking a nap and waking up at 7.

:luck: :luck:

5. SailCrazy

SailCrazy I gotta have more cowbell
    10+ Year Member

Will you be in classes? When in the semester? What will you miss?

6. drmota

drmota 2K Member
    5+ Year Member

i could do it the friday before and chill in minneapolis for a few days (~5) with nothing to do. i'll just go tuesday. f-ck it.
    -mota

7. drmota

drmota 2K Member
    5+ Year Member

no, this is all i'll be doing.
    -mota

8. Elastase

Elastase StanfUrd bound!!!
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Do it. You will be fine. Its much better to get them all done at once then take a break. Good luck!

9. Jon Davis

Jon Davis I killed the bank.
    10+ Year Member

Stagger the interviews. You want to put your best foot forward and be as fresh as possible. Two interviews flanking the week, (ie. Tue and Fri) should be IMO the most one should do in a week. Do the Thurs one later on.

10. cfdavid

cfdavid Membership Revoked
    Removed 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    personally, i'd find a way to make it happen. it's too tight right now to delay any. i'd put the time into coordinating that nightmare of a schedule. but, i think it would be worth your time in the end. good luck!

11. waterlily

waterlily Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I did 4 in 1 week...twice. One week I got sick coz of traveling exhaustion so I went to all my interviews sick and low on energy. And for one of my interviews, I only got 3 hours of sleep. And I got into 6 of those schools (including my lack of sleep one) :thumbup: , the other 2 I haven't heard back from yet. So 2 in 1 week is like nothing...so it's definitely doable!

12. jbone

jbone Herro!
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I did 3 in a week. Richmond, Chicago, and Phoenix. Killed me but I did it. (from SLC) Was going to do 4 but decided not to. Too much.

13. glp

glp Vegas Baby Vegas
    5+ Year Member

i did three in one week, but i drove to them. i had ou on wed, finished and drove 7 hrs to college station for texas a&m int on thurs. got done there and drove 4 hrs to dallas. got drunk thrs night with a friend and hung out all friday, went to utsw on sat. got drunk sat night and shaved my head (partially) to cap off the week. it seems like a lot but i found i was more on point doing several in one week. my final int at utsw was by far the best interview i have had to date and i think the two ints in the days prior helped a lot.

14. SailCrazy

SailCrazy I gotta have more cowbell
    10+ Year Member

I'd say go for it.

Good Luck! :luck: