How many interviews to go to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

somdave2005

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering how many interviews people are actually going to go to??? I have 11 right now and will probably have to start deciding which ones to cut out.

Members don't see this ad.

11 sounds like a good number to go to. i would cut any interview at a program that you don't plan to rank.

somdave2005 said:
Just wondering how many interviews people are actually going to go to??? I have 11 right now and will probably have to start deciding which ones to cut out.

What do you think is the maximum anyone can go to until they burn out??? My friend said he went to only 7 last year and he was getting tired already.

bof said:
11 sounds like a good number to go to. i would cut any interview at a program that you don't plan to rank.

i guess that would depend on each individual. i would think that one would get a little tired of it all after the 8-10th interview. i would recommend scheduling the interviews that you care the most about in the middle. this way you get some practice on the early ones, and if you burn out in the end you can cancel your last couple interviews.

somdave2005 said:
What do you think is the maximum anyone can go to until they burn out??? My friend said he went to only 7 last year and he was getting tired already.