How many med students volunteer overseas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBodacious

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm writing a paper... Anyone know of any articles or other sources that say the % or number of medical students that volunteer overseas?

It's a long shot, but that'd be cool if someone knows. Go SDN! :horns:

Members don't see this ad.

you want data from the US or other countries as well?

I only need data concerning U.S. medical students for my paper, but if you have info on forgein medical students, I'd be interested in that as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Procrastinating? It is due tommorow?

Yep, due at five tomorrow. It's a big paper, and I wanted to add in a paragraph about the prevalence of U.S. med students that volunteer overseas, but couldn't find any sources... Maybe there just aren't any.

Lots of other stuff to write though, and three tests on Wed. Can't wait till Wed night. :sleep: :eek: :sleep: :eek: +pissed+

DrBodacious said:
Yep, due at five tomorrow. It's a big paper, and I wanted to add in a paragraph about the prevalence of U.S. med students that volunteer overseas, but couldn't find any sources... Maybe there just aren't any.

Lots of other stuff to write though, and three tests on Wed. Can't wait till Wed night. :sleep: :eek: :sleep: :eek: +pissed+

well i can tell u we just went on a volunteer med mission trip in march, and there were 2 students from Hopkins, (3rd and 4th yr), 2 students from Emory (2nd yr), 1 from Duke (4th yr), not sure if i count since i dont start till Aug