How many months did you study before taking the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ando25x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many of the study schedule are between 8 to 10 weeks, which is approximately 2 months. I kind of started studying since mid April, but was wondering when I should take the test. I've watched all of Chad's videos and went through every quiz once. Right now, I am working on Destroyer problems and only half way done. I haven't dont any practice exams like bootcamp or topscore yet. I haven't done too many Math problems, so I dont feel confident in math. At this rate, should i take the test in mid July or early August?

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds pretty solid. Have you studied biology yet? Cliffs is about 300pgs and have about 500 bio questions in destroyer

Not sure what your schedule is like, but you may want to pick up the pace. If you're not good at math, that's a few more weeks of studying on top of the massive amount of science stuff to remember. The DAT is not an exam to be taken lightly. If you're not prepared, be ready to receive scores in the range of 16-18, which is not very competitive.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If you study hard, mid July - August should be plenty of time. People have different tolerances, but you will probably be burned out and forget a lot of info if you prolong taking the DAT! I only studied for about 1 month (1 week intensely) for mine. When you work Destroyer, remember to keep in mind that it is a LOT harder than the actual test, so mastering Destroyer will make the real deal seem like a cakewalk.