physicsMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
Visit site
Status
Is it just me or does it seem like MSTP isn't that hot this year? I thought I would start a thread and see where SDNers are applying to MSTP.
I'm applying to:
NYU
Columbia
Mount Sinai
Harvard
Einstein
Yale
Suny Brooklyn
Boston U
Dartmouth
Emory
USC
Stanford
Pritzker
Cornell
Penn
UC's

J

jot

where'd you get that idea physicsMD?- just curious. i'm applying to a bunch of places - i PMd you.
-jot

Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 26, 2002
Visit site
Status
i think most of the MSTP'ers this year just read the forum, soak up the information posted, without contributing anything. :) (i confess to being in this group) :)

Gradient Echo

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Bikini Princess
i think most of the MSTP'ers this year just read the forum, soak up the information posted, without contributing anything. :) (i confess to being in this group) :)

Yeah you big bunch of slackers. I remember last year my group was all over this MSTP thing. And we didnt have our own forum either like you guys do this year.

:D

Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2001
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by Gradient Echo

Yeah you big bunch of slackers. I remember last year my group was all over this MSTP thing. And we didnt have our own forum either like you guys do this year.

:D
When I was an MSTP applicant, I had to walk 3000 miles through the snow to get to my interviews!! :p

marq_bme

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Status
lol, nice. yeah, we are slackers..

Neuronix

Total nerd
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2002
the beach
Status
Attending Physician
Good. If MD/PhD isn't as hot, that means less competition :)

Yeah, ok, I'll keep dreaming. In any case, here's my list:
Baylor
CWRU
Duke
JHU
Mayo
NWU
PSU
UMD
UChicago
UMich
UPenn
UPitt
URochester
WashU

Now all I need to do is get out those LORs... Grumbling at last recommender...

J

jot

one of my really good friends went there (just started) - he loves it a hell of a lot - raves -- i feel dumb for not applying - ha - but 24 is psycho enough.;)

surge

Medicinski Znanstvenik
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2002
US
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by physicsMD
Is anyone applying to Einstein? If not good, less competition for me ;)

Sorry to dissapoint you :D

bubblywatr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2002
austin
neon.cm.utexas.edu
Status
i am applying to most of those places too (plus u.col), but i thought it would be more exciting to wait until the very last day to submit each application. this way i can do all my interviews in the dead of winter and get some good snowboarding in :)

mjs

Millionaire, Superhero
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Seattle
Status
Well, I guess I should stand up and be counted. I'm applying to these MSTPs this year:

Stanford
UCSF
Yale
Harvard
Johns Hopkins
Washington University in St. Louis
Columbia
Cornell
University of Pennsylvania
University of Washington
University of Michigan
Mt. Sinai
SUNY Stony Brook
University of Pittsburgh
Baylor
University of Wisconsin
Thomas Jefferson Medical College
University of Minnesota

I am currently filling out the secondaries and getting my transcript certified by the lovely folks at AMCAS.

To be honest, I knew a lot more people who were doing MD/PhDs last year than this year, but that could just be because that was the year most people in my class applied.

mjs

Millionaire, Superhero
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Seattle
Status
I can say with absolute, supreme confidence that nothing (save a virus that kills only smart people ages 20-24) will make next year (or this year) an easy one for MSTP admissions.

Also, just a thought: we should start school and interview date threads. That way we have people to talk to while we mill around in admissions office lobbies before we go into the polygraph rooms.

J

jot

yeah mjs, i was hoping to meet some peeps on the interview things - i started an interview invites thread, but it kinda gor hijacked;) -- but you can get it back on track by posting there regarding when and where.

mjs

Millionaire, Superhero
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2002
Seattle
Status
It's probably gonne be quite awhile for me... I'm still waiting on the green light for my transcript. I'm kinda ticked about that, I thought I had myself on track for some nice early interview times- it's been my goal to get into some program by Jan. 1.

Meanwhile, these secondaries aren't filling themselves out. Back to work I go.