How many NBME's are you taking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Boonu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's almost crunch time, only about a month until I start my 5 week study session of hell.

I already made my schedule but only made room for 4 NBME's in it. I didn't know that NBME 5 and 6 even existed until recently. So basically my question is how many are you guys planning to take?

Should I take all 6 or stick with only 4 as per my original plan? I figured I could do 4 for real and get the other two and do them in tutor mode as a sort of replacement for QBank questions for a few days. Taking 6 NBMEs in only 5 weeks seems like it's kinda pushing it.

Members don't see this ad.

I realized during MCAT studying that I need to actively learn by questions. So I built in 2000 Uworld questions (75 a day) and I scheduled 5 nbme tests. we'll see if it works.

Just depends on what kind of learner you are. I learn from mistakes. Less from reading notes.

I realized during MCAT studying that I need to actively learn by questions. So I built in 2000 Uworld questions (75 a day) and I scheduled 5 nbme tests. we'll see if it works.

Just depends on what kind of learner you are. I learn from mistakes. Less from reading notes.
I am the same way, the only problem is that it is tough to learn from mistakes when you can't see the answers. The online copies are only right half the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am the same way, the only problem is that it is tough to learn from mistakes when you can't see the answers. The online copies are only right half the time.

Right only half the time? But these things are official practice tests... How can they be wrong?

And yeah, I definitely learn from mistakes better than just sitting and reading notes. The 5 week time frame is my biggest constriction. Otherwise I'd simply do all 6.

Right only half the time? But these things are official practice tests... How can they be wrong?

And yeah, I definitely learn from mistakes better than just sitting and reading notes. The 5 week time frame is my biggest constriction. Otherwise I'd simply do all 6.

The answers circulating around are not official.

I have 5 weeks and I'm taking 3 NMBE exams. I'm not sure which yet. I'm still waiting on some feedback from 5 and 6.

For me personally, I'm using them as a measure of my progress and weaknesses. IMHO, I wouldn't recommend taking more than 3 or 4 because there are better options for questions if you are trying to actively learn by doing questions (kaplan and uworld).

Any extra time spent gauging your progress is time you could have spent progressing.