How many of the EC's did you or will you fill out on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many EC slots did you, or will you, fill out on AMCAS?

• 15 out of 15 (and I'm a non-traditional applicant)

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • 15 out of 15 (and I'm a traditional applicant)

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • 13 or 14

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • 11 or 12

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • 9 or 10

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • 8 or less

Votes: 9 10.8%

• Total voters

Snowboarder

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On your AMCAS application, how many of 15 slots for EC's - work, volunteer, awards, publications, etc. - did you fill out?

Members don't see this ad.

I think I used all of them, but they were a good mix of work experience, clinical experience, leadership experience, and whatever else they asked for (honors/awards/summer programs, etc).

Members don't see this ad :)
I asked this in another thread, but the question was never answered . . .

How do you go about listing a publication acknowledgement? (or is it silly to even do so??) Do you just describe the research and mention that you have it? Provide journal and year? Provide entire reference?

Thanks.

Snowboarder said:
I asked this in another thread, but the question was never answered . . .

How do you go about listing a publication acknowledgement? (or is it silly to even do so??) Do you just describe the research and mention that you have it? Provide journal and year? Provide entire reference?

Thanks.

After a brief description of the project and the paper, I provided a full reference so that if they wanted to they could look it up and verify that I was an author.

I was advised to fill in all 15 (as long as you have something moderately justifiable)... Just passing this on...

i used about 10. i figured it was best to have 10 really good, descriptive entries than to try to stretch it out and have everything lose its impact.

jbrice1639 said:
i used about 10. i figured it was best to have 10 really good, descriptive entries than to try to stretch it out and have everything lose its impact.

ditto.

I had 15 and was a non-trad applicant. For acknowledgements, I would recommend putting it under research and provide the citation.