How many of you have completed all your secondaries??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daredevil

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done 19 out of 22. gotta work on it this week. :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

I've got 3 more sitting on my desk (UCLA and Pritzker and Pittsburgh). I have realized I can't afford Pritzker...so they are just gonna have to wait and maybe if I have time I will do them later...25 are done!! :)

I've finished 25 and I am wiating to recieve all of the UC's. I might not complete the UCI and UCD. After a while it became cut and paste and edit threee sentances.

Members don't see this ad :)
All 18 schools are complete (I got the last one - Howard - today). Good luck everyone :)

I completed all of mine by the first week in September...I only had 7 though =)

I finished 16, and I've had the last three sitting half-completed on my desk for the past few weeks. :(

I finished all mine 2 weeks ago, but I only had 9. And I only have 2 freakin' interviews to show for it (so far, fingers crossed)!!!

I finished all 14 of my secondaries last week when Temple arrived (along with my interview invite!) I also finished my NYU application a couple weeks ago. Good luck to every one still waiting for secondaries and interviews.

Done with all mine except 2. Albany and Creighton, both of which I haven't received yet. What is going on with Creighton? Talk about leaving your applicants in the dark. Is their system that screwed up that they can't even mail out secondaries yet?

Done with all of mine except for UCI -- their admissions office says the first batch of secondaries will *hopefully* be out next week. Whatever that means.

Finally finished all of mine last week. I applied to 10 schools.

11 of 11 of 14
(completed of received of total schools)
waiting on: UCSF, Stanford, UNC-Chapel Hill

I applied to 25, cuz I wanted to have options. I received from a little more than half, and finished about 10 (including UCLA, UCSD). The ones left are half-completed and are due in Nov or Dec, so I've been trying to get to them. I'm also working full-time right now so it has been hard to get to all of them as I'd liked.

Members don't see this ad :)
All 13 done as of last week!

15 finished :) ...6 not finished :( .

Any news from Albany and Wake Forest?! I haven't received a secondary from either, yet.

I've only completed 4 of the 12. Ironically, I have received 2 interview invitations thus far and neither were from schools where I had returned the secondary. Where do you guys find the time?

Originally posted by SwampMan:
•Any news from Albany and Wake Forest?! I haven't received a secondary from either, yet.•

13 done (that's counting Boston and Mayo, who only wanted $$) out of 20 received, with 3 more almost done.

And yeah, what is up with Albany and Wake Forest? I received a letter from Albany dated 8/15 saying that they would e-mail me in late Aug or early Sept "when we have received your AMCAS application and when our web-based supplemental application is available." One month later, nothing! And according to the "Wake Forest Update" thread, they are waiting for verified apps (wonder how long they intend to wait) from AMCAS and are screening for their on-line secondary!
I'm wondering if I should send both of them paper copies, although they haven't asked for them.

i've received 22 of 23 and i've returned 20 of those 22 (i ultimately decided not to apply to 2 schools because i didn't meet their requirements). so i'm totally finished *except* for one school: the lone mystery secondary is albany--what are they waiting for, anyway?

Out of 16 schools to which I'm applying, I returned 13 secondaries, I'm yet to return Columbia, and I've not heard squat from Stanford.

i did wake's online application 2 weeks ago, after receiving their invitation via email. THey are screening.

Did Wake require an essay? Essays are killing me, and I don't want to do another. I hope one is not required.

Originally posted by Barton:
•i did wake's online application 2 weeks ago, after receiving their invitation via email. THey are screening.•

So I guess I won't hear from them until after the Aug. MCAT scores are out. Thanks for reminding me of what I should have already known! :)

I'm so inspired by this thread, that I've just finished 2 more!
15 down, 5 to go!! :D still waiting on 2 :(

Wake Forest. What is the deal with waiting for verification? What about the fact that verification seems to be occurring in no particular order?
I have 3 more to finish. And still waiting to here from Wake Forest.
KIM

Originally posted by SwampMan:

Did Wake require an essay? Essays are killing me, and I don't want to do another. I hope one is not required.

Nope, no essays for Wake. Just a straightforward secondary, and a $55 application fee. Anyone know what kinda stats out of staters need to be considered competitive there?

From their letter/medical file thing, ALbany mentioned something about getting their web application set up, so that might be the reason for their delay. However, the thought of more web based applications sends chills up my spine.

27 of 30, UC Davis on my desk. I'm tired. :eek:

completed 30
confirmed by schools 15
waiting on 7
wont finish 4

Almost there!!!!

completed 10
on my desk 7
waiting on 4

18 done...still waiting on albany(last but certainly not least). I called early last week and they said that it would be up on the web by the end of last week. I guess they miscalulated. When I called they also apologized for the delays and the technology problems and joked with me about how I have probably heard all of that before...oh AMCAS...Wehn it is either cry or laugh. I choose laugh.

did 9 of 9 of 10
finished of received of applied to.

Wisconsin, hook me up!

Received: 16
Done and sent: 14
Won't do: 1
To do: 1
Waiting on: 4 - UCSF, UCLA, UCI and U of Washington
Spent so far: $2285

Andrew

submitted on 7/18 and not verified

11 Received
8 Completed and sent
2 to do
1 won't do
waiting on 1 (university of minnesota, what's going on?)

Let's see.

10 completed
1 just arrived (Utah)
1 taken off my list (Rush, it was just too lame)
Still waiting for 5 (Loyola, Finch, MSU (I got money request but no secondary), UCI, and Stanford).

I don't really understand Finch and Loyola...my app has been in for two months (of course, not verified).

pointdexter,
if you're a mn resident, you should call minnesota and see what's up. I got their secondary about a month ago, and I've already interviewed. Have you sent them your paper amcas yet? Bonus: if you're a mn resident and you get their secondary, you automatically get an interview.

You're right, Barton. It is strange, because I am a MN resident and sent them a paper AMCAS on August 24.

Are you verified? I assumed that was the reason for the hold-up on my end. I emailed them today. Hopefully I'll hear soon--I sure would like to interview there first.

I'm verified, as of sometime in august. I was verified before I got their secondary. If you get a secondary, you (MN resident) get an interview. They let me schedule my interview before I even sent in my secondary. The offered me an interview for the following week, so once you get the secondary, things start rolling pretty quickly. Don't worry, but you might want to give them a call and double check, make sure nothing's lost or anything.

24/25 complete. I still haven't received UNC's application.

submitted 7/7, not verified

applied to 10 schools

received 9 secondaries, (or requests for money--here's your 60 bucks, Mayo, now where's my rejection letter?) all completed amd sent

still haven't heard from wisconsin.

submitted 8/23, not verified yet
Aug MCAT (1st)
Applied to only 7
Recv'd 4 secondaries
Completed 3 of 4
Waiting on 2
Rejected w/o secondary at 1

Of my last 5 (out of 20 recieved, still waiting on 2), I'm very nearly done with 3 and have major work to do yet on 2. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :D
My goal is to have them all in by the time the Aug. MCAT scores come out (I'm also a first-timer), so that I'm free to deal with whatever major screw-ups AMCAS has in store for us over getting those scores to the schools. :rolleyes: