How many of you have withdrawl from classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many classes have you dropped?

Votes: 15 42.9%

Votes: 10 28.6%

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • 3+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up -

So in conversations with friends over the past few weeks I've become aware that many more people than I had originally thought have dropped classes. The topic was coming up because I just had to withdraw from my first class.

So anyway, I made a poll.

Dave

Members don't see this ad.

I dropped a ton of classes in undergrad. Fortunately, my university didn't put a "W" on your transcript as long as you withdrew within the first four weeks of class. So my record showed zero withdrawals. :thumbup:

I have two Ws on my transcripts. One from O-chem first semester, but I took it over summer and got an A. The second one was an error that the office made, but I can't do anything about it or prove that I did drop it before the W date... so what can you do?

I dont think its a big deal if you replace it with something cute like an A.

But I suggest having a story in case they ask you during an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
You need an option for over 2. I've withdrawn from 4 classes that I can think of. What's the big deal? It's meaningless.

I had to withdraw from one...it was work to pay the tuition or stay in the class. My job which said they were going to let me work different hours due to classes changed their minds. It just happened that weekly meeting for a stupid "Clean Air Construction" committee fell at the time of class, and they wouldn't work with me. I don't think dropping a class should be that big of a deal for the application or interviews.

No one on SDN has as many W's on the their transcripts as me. I don't know how much it hurts you, but you can still get accepted with them (although all of mine are from 12 or more years ago). Thank God OSU isn't one of those schools that masturbates everytime a 35 4.0 walks in the door. I'm walking proof that they look at more than your transcripts.