1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

How many of you have withdrawl from classes?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by stoic, Apr 27, 2004.

?

How many classes have you dropped?

1. 0

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. 1

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. 2

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. 3+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stoic

stoic "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

What's up -

So in conversations with friends over the past few weeks I've become aware that many more people than I had originally thought have dropped classes. The topic was coming up because I just had to withdraw from my first class.

So anyway, I made a poll.

Dave

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DireWolf

DireWolf The Pride of Cucamonga
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I dropped a ton of classes in undergrad. Fortunately, my university didn't put a "W" on your transcript as long as you withdrew within the first four weeks of class. So my record showed zero withdrawals. :thumbup:

4. Dr.ImCute

Dr.ImCute Member
    5+ Year Member

I have two Ws on my transcripts. One from O-chem first semester, but I took it over summer and got an A. The second one was an error that the office made, but I can't do anything about it or prove that I did drop it before the W date... so what can you do?

I dont think its a big deal if you replace it with something cute like an A.

But I suggest having a story in case they ask you during an interview.

5. (nicedream)

(nicedream) Fitter Happier
    7+ Year Member

You need an option for over 2. I've withdrawn from 4 classes that I can think of. What's the big deal? It's meaningless.

6. kaikai128

kaikai128 Yes SIR. ;-)
    5+ Year Member

I had to withdraw from one...it was work to pay the tuition or stay in the class. My job which said they were going to let me work different hours due to classes changed their minds. It just happened that weekly meeting for a stupid "Clean Air Construction" committee fell at the time of class, and they wouldn't work with me. I don't think dropping a class should be that big of a deal for the application or interviews.

7. Fenrezz

Fenrezz AT Stills Worst Nightmare
    7+ Year Member

No one on SDN has as many W's on the their transcripts as me. I don't know how much it hurts you, but you can still get accepted with them (although all of mine are from 12 or more years ago). Thank God OSU isn't one of those schools that masturbates everytime a 35 4.0 walks in the door. I'm walking proof that they look at more than your transcripts.