• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

How many of you med students applied late?

Khenon

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
Rochester, MN
    I just want to hear it from the horse's mouth. How many of you current students applied late . . . like December/January of your application year? Obviously I've applied late, and I'm reaching for straws of hope. My application is solid, except my super low MCAT score (23), but I'm afraid the lateness of my application is what's going to be the real killer.

Be honest with me. I can take the pain. :cool:

bjones50

10+ Year Member
    Jan 5, 2005
      I know what you're going through. Due to application problems mine didn't get processed until late december/ early January. It is rough and by the time you interview alot of the spots will be filled. But your chances are still good if you truely are solid. Come across confident and expect late replies. Also call the schools directly after they get your application to see if you can jump in on an earlier interview if someone cancels. That's about all I can tell you.
      Good Luck

About the Ads

Nicola1926

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Dec 26, 2004
        Khenon,

I just wanted to say good luck. You probably remember me from the aamc chat room. I got into PCOM-GA and WVSOM. I am attending PCOM-GA in the Fall. You have the determination and along with the belief you will be a physician sooner than you may think.

Bye

Khenon

1K Member
        10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Sep 30, 2004
        Rochester, MN
          Thanks for the replies everyone. I didn't get the overwhelming response from every med student telling me they all applied late and got into their first choice schools, but oh well. :rolleyes: I just hope I'm not getting all excited about getting in this year for nothing. Not getting any acceptances will be a real buzz kill.

aphasia

10+ Year Member
          7+ Year Member
          Jan 27, 2005
          S L T, CA
            Last year, I sent my Touro primary app in around January, and then the secondary at the end of Feb, I think I got an interview in April. It partly had to do with the branch campus opening, but there is always hope. =)
            I did get waitlisted, though...and ultimately had to reapply.

RPalmerDO

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Dec 27, 2004
            NYC & Kinnelon, NJ
              I applied in late November/early December to many schools. In less than one month, I had been contacted by two schools for interviews. Don't give up hope! Every school has a different application cycle. Some schools have already selected their classes for the 2005 entering year, while others only started a short time ago. I would do some research about the application cycles of the schools you applied to. If they have an early cycle, I would suggest applying to other schools that have a later application cycle. Hope that helps!!! Best of luck!

MechE

Med School's Slave
              5+ Year Member
              15+ Year Member
              Apr 4, 2004
              1. Medical Student
                I sent out my application last Friday, a whole 4 days before the deadline. I FedEx'd my transcripts to AACOMAS, and my DO letter of recommendation was sent Tuesday. I'm finishing up my secondary and will mail it today. I’m hoping for a March interview at OSU. Wish me luck.

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.