A

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you use Anki desktop vs app?

• Yes, I use only Anki desktop

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Yes I use both Anki desktop and app

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • I don't use either fam

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters
D

deleted850921

A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only use the desktop version thus far but I'll probably succumb and get the app as Step 1 approaches and my next disbursement comes through.

I absolutely use the app bc I'm an anki junkie. Primary mode of studying. But this thread/poll is 100% worthless. All that matters is how much you use anki and whether you need the app for efficiency.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an iPhone so the app cost money but it is more convenient than the pc version. so I bought an android pad (which the app is free) and I've been using that. only use pc to create decks.

Anki app is free for andriod! (#androidmasterrace) So I've got it on my phone and my tablet.

I primarily use the app to study when I'm on the go, but the desktop version is my main workhorse for creating cards and organizing decks.

Create cards on desktop. Do cards on app (45 minute train everyday).
so I bought an android pad (which the app is free) and I've been using that.
$25 was too much so I bought a device 6x as much so I didn't have to pay for it...

Reactions: 1 user
Not to troll but I think quizlet is much better...especially their new learn mode, and if you have the app up before leaving an area with wifi you can still use it offline.

$25 was too much so I bought a device 6x as much so I didn't have to pay for it...
During Black Friday I bought a cheap pad for 50$ that had more than enough space for extra apps than anki and for storing textbooks PDFs. I regret buying only 1 haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the app because thats really the only way I study for most of my undergrad classes besides ochem and physics.

Wait, I paid $25 for the anki app on my iPad?? I thought it was free!

I just use anki in browser on my phone for free until I'm rich enough to shell out the $25 to support the creator.

I really don't see how $25 is really all that much. Assuming you like the product, it's about as low risk of an investment you can make. If you're on loans, that's $2/month of your budget for one year. Maybe I'm just jaded because I've spent literally hundreds on STEP materials so this seems like a drop in the bucket.

I really don't see how $25 is really all that much. Assuming you like the product, it's about as low risk of an investment you can make. If you're on loans, that's $2/month of your budget for one year. Maybe I'm just jaded because I've spent literally hundreds on STEP materials so this seems like a drop in the bucket.

Oh yeah it's 100% worth it, the anki app is excellent.

Oh yeah it's 100% worth it, the anki app is excellent.
Already have it. Used it through M1. Unfortunately, I don't love it for Step prep. For the brute memorization, I'm using USMLE Rx Flash facts

Already have it. Used it through M1. Unfortunately, I don't love it for Step prep. For the brute memorization, I'm using USMLE Rx Flash facts

I just use it for school exams, I'm not really planning on using it for step prep. I'll have to look into Rx Flash Facts.