How many Optometry Schools do people usually apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UnuglyDuckling

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was just wondering how many schools do optometry students usually apply to? I am not sure how many I am gonna apply to but I am thinking atleast 4 or 5. Is that too much or too little? cause I have no idea!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how many schools do optometry students usually apply to? I am not sure how many I am gonna apply to but I am thinking atleast 4 or 5. Is that too much or too little? cause I have no idea!!

Depending on admission stats (assuming average acceptance OAT-330, 3.30 gpa), apply to four-five schools. I would interview at the top 2-3 schools and decide from there. Interview flights, hotel stays, and application fees can all add up!

Depending on admission stats (assuming average acceptance OAT-330, 3.30 gpa), apply to four-five schools. I would interview at the top 2-3 schools and decide from there. Interview flights, hotel stays, and application fees can all add up!

I agree with this. Interview with your top choices first so you don't end up spending tons of money for travel and such.

It would depend on the strength of your app.