how many out of state UIC interviews are given?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA KoreanDude

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and what percent are accepted? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

From US News:

3000 oos applied- 289 were interviewed- 140 were accepted.

G'luck. Hope you fare better than I did!

Members don't see this ad :)
A better question would be why would you want to pay the out of state tuition at UIC. 54,386 for OOS as opposed to 25,450 IS.

i was thinking the same thing...

A better question would be why would you want to pay the out of state tuition at UIC. 54,386 for OOS as opposed to 25,450 IS.

Yeah the tuition is rough, but you do what you have to do. Money is secondary unless you have medical schools beating down YOUR door, enabling you to perhaps be a little more selective. Anyway, UIC is a great school...I would be honored to be accepted there!

yea...largest med school in world, i live like 40 min from it..its very nice, and right next door to rush, like not even a 100 yards away....then northwestern is down the lake with rosalind franklin and more south is u of chicago....and east is midwestern....6 med schools all within 20-30 min of each other

yea...largest med school in world, i live like 40 min from it..its very nice, and right next door to rush, like not even a 100 yards away....then northwestern is down the lake with rosalind franklin and more south is u of chicago....and east is midwestern....6 med schools all within 20-30 min of each other

Yeah, I'd say RFU is closer to an hour north of UIC. And you forgot Loyola, which is 20-30 minutes south-west from UIC. So, all in all, that's seven medical schools in the Chicago area.

Also, Northwestern's med school isn't in Evanston with the undergrad campus, but in the city. It's on the lake but not down the lake (which would really be up the lake if you are thinking of evanston/north chicago).

Yeah I would have to say that Rosalind franklin is significantly farther away from Chicago than any of the other med schools. But it also depends on which campus. Don't forget UIC is a 4 campus system with medical school courses at Chicago, Urbana-Champaign, Peoria, and Rockford. That being said I've heard excellent things about the school and it is probably going to be the best school i have a shot at.

i never said northwestern is in evanston, just simply down the lake...which essentially it is, just really far down the lake into the actual city, rosalind is way north shore, but i could have sworn rush was really close to uic, i remember seeing rush on top of one of the hospitals next to uic, maybe thats some office or something

Really close is an understatement. Rush is less than one half mile (maybe even less than a quarter of a mile, I think it is actually one city block, or 1/8 of a mile) from UIC.