how many patients do you all have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

griller

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many patients do students have as a 3rd and 4th year at the following schools....

1. UPENN
2. MARYLAND
3. PITT
4. UNC

Members don't see this ad.

no love for my question?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't speak for these specific schools, but I bet the answer is "as many as it takes to keep busy." The number of patients each person has is going to vary widely from person to person in the same school. There are people in my class who lucked out and got the bulk of their requirements on 4 or 5 patients who needed a lot of work and were willing to pay and come in twice a week for a year. Some people get dozens of patients who bail as soon as they are out of pain, so the students end up requesting new patients all the time.

I think the real question you are trying to ask is "do you guys have all the patients you need?"

Im not so much asking do you have all the patients you need, just wondering if the clinical experiences at these schools is drastically different. at umich, they said that 3-4 yrs would have in between 35-45 patients. so i figured that there would be a ballpark range at the other schools.