how many pcitures are there on step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
R

Reborn24

like questions that actually required the understanding of a slide.

Members don't see this ad.

on each block, i'd say i had at 5-10 pics or diagrams (i think i had more diagrams than pics).....many people on sdn have said that they could answer the questions without even bothering w/ the picture, but on my exam I felt that most of the time, the pic was needed to answer the question (especially when the pic was the entire question...ie identify the ____. As far as slides go, i think i just had one or two histology slides asking to identify the pathology (ie coag. necrosis)....not too bad.

three days before the big day

i was just going to use the hy images in first aid for a refresher and hopefully i will be able to recognize the rest of the stuff from things my school stressed...

i hope thats enough...

this exam has too many uncertainties.

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe it was just my exam, but i had a lot of EMs...CTs...MRIs...Diagrams...I was actually surprised by the EMs, though, 'cause I hadn't heard anybody talking about them much...most were straightforward, but it was more of the "I haven't looked at these since first year" shock that threw me for a loop...

neuroanatomy - oodles. refer to HY. you need to know left from right, up from down, and one structure from the next.

x-sectional anatomy - scattered in there. you have to be able to ID stuff. some of the structures are "low yield." I saw stuff that I hadn't looked at since first year. most of anatomy is neuroanatomy.

most of the path questions that have associated images can be answered from the stem. We're talking a handful of questions where you actually need to stop reading and look at the histology or gross presentation. If you KNOW what's in the image, sometimes it's a dead give-away, thus, rendering the stem superfluous. Very few "What is THIS?" questions though.

em - a handful. these can be tough. some of the images were so-so quality, but it's not worth reading Ross Histology cover to cover the week before the exam. Low yield. HY Histo is a great read (for other reasons) and has relevent images.

then again, every exam is different. even more striking is that every block is different. One could have seven images and the next one or zero. Average was about four.

Histology slides or images of lesions... about 8 total on the test.

Plenty of physiology diagrams... bp, hr etc. with drug x's effects.