How many people are on the admissions committee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calipremed5768

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Thinking about making Flashcards for all potential people at NYU that could interview me so I know their background and areas of research before. If of course this is reasonable assuming there isn’t 100 people on committee.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
This widely varies by school and this is weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
They don't care if you know about them, they want to know about YOU.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thinking about making Flashcards for all potential people at NYU that could interview me so I know their background and areas of research before. If of course this is reasonable assuming there isn’t 100 people on committee.

This made every cell in my body uncomfortable...

• Haha
Reactions: 19 users
why tho lol

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Do not do this. If you want to know their background and research interests, just ask them when you meet them.

Reactions: 7 users
You will probably come off as a bit of an odd duck if you do this.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Also try to sneak into the interviewer’s office beforehand and if he has any family photos displayed, paste a pic of your face over ‘em

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
You are so non-stop creative and funny that you should really consider dropping med school and writing for late night TV.

I really feel like I'm stealing, since I so look forward to your threads that I would probably pay to see them if I had to!

Even funnier is reading all the earnest reactions to you, but I wouldn't pay for those. :)

• Haha

Are you OK..... we're concerned for you

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Dude you have a serious problem
But I think you should do it.
It will only help those more deserving than you

• Haha
  • Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
Many schools have community physicians who do interviews. This is time better spent doing just about anything else

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I recall @gyngyn mentioning something about feeling an urge to take a shower after being stalked in this way.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Maybe invest your time in other skills you don’t have... maybe social skills or situational awareness for instance....

• Haha
For the interview look on their facebook beforehand and ask them how that BBQ they went to last week was.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Story time:

For my NCO board promotion, I needed to know the entire chain of command from my platoon sergeant to the president. First middle and last names plus rank and duty station. Their birthday, their position they held before, and their highest earned medal and/or commendation. Was this a productive exercise? Not at all, it was a waste of brain cells.

Don’t do this. It is pointlessly absurd.

Reactions: 1 user
I swear OP does NOT want to be a doctor
I'm not so sure about that, because I really don't think he is serious. He apparently enjoys generating the reaction, and probably also likes testing how far he can go without being stopped. I, for one, find it amazing how he comes up with most of this stuff, and am more than a little surprised how many otherwise intelligent people take him seriously. Reading one or two of his posts, maybe he is a little off, but taking all of them together (including the ones where he is not being outrageous), it seems clear to me he is trolling us!

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm not so sure about that, because I really don't think he is serious. He apparently enjoys generating the reaction, and probably also likes testing how far he can go without being stopped. I, for one, find it amazing how he comes up with most of this stuff, and am more than a little surprised how many otherwise intelligent people take him seriously. One or two of his posts, maybe he is a little off, but taking all of them together (including the ones where he is not being outrageous), he is clearly trolling us!

I think you’re being a little too blinded by the fact that he has an NYU interview.

It’s very possible for someone to have a 4.0 GPA, 528 MCAT, great EC’s, and yet say things like what OP says (and mean them).

IQ doesn’t always equal EQ.

Reactions: 6 users
I think you’re being a little too blinded by the fact that he has an NYU interview.

It’s very possible for someone to have a 4.0 GPA, 528 MCAT, great EC’s, and yet say things like what OP says (and mean them).
Not at all; I really don't think he has an NYU interview. I just think what he posts is so outrageous that he can't possibly be serious -- it's as though he is a caricature of the smartest, worst applicant ever. He reminds me of a Sacha Baron Cohen type of comedian pranking an intense forum like this one. I don't mean to condone it, because, if I'm right, it means he is mocking all of us, but I really would be shocked if it turns out he is for real.

• Haha
Not at all; I really don't think he has an NYU interview. I just think what he posts is so outrageous that he can't possibly be serious -- it's as though he is a caricature of the smartest, worst applicant ever. He reminds me of a Sacha Baron Cohen type of comedian pranking an intense forum like this one. I don't mean to condone it, because, if I'm right, it means he is mocking all of us, but I really would be shocked if it turns out he is for real.

So you're saying he's basically either Theresa May or Donald Trump.....

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
So you're saying he's basically either Theresa May or Donald Trump.....
No, I'm saying he is Stephen Colbert on The Colbert Report, where he was mocking conservatives by playing an outrageous version of one, and conservatives who weren't in on the joke actually thought he was one of them.

I'm not saying what he is doing isn't obnoxious and inappropriate (so I am not defending it), but I am saying I don't think he is serious and his whole motive seems to be to get a rise out of those who are taking him seriously.

calipremed comes through in the clutch again.

• Haha
I don't think @calipremed5768 is following this thread anymore. He just started a ridiculous thread and then ghosted

• Haha
I wouldn't doubt it if CPM was who he says he is. Perhaps you don't have to take everything he says seriously but he has mentioned things here and there that are reliable.

Ie. When he mentioned schools he got rejected from the other day, some of the schools were similar to ones my friends were yield protected from at around the same time. Either he has so much time on his hands that he's smart enough to do his research just to troll, or he's being genuine. His neuroticism leads me to believe the latter.

I think OP should start meditating instead of spending time on SDN

SDN, remember, when one troll is banned (in this case calipremed is troll af), two more take his place (me and someone else)! Hail hydra!

I wouldn't doubt it if CPM was who he says he is. Perhaps you don't have to take everything he says seriously but he has mentioned things here and there that are reliable.

Ie. When he mentioned schools he got rejected from the other day, some of the schools were similar to ones my friends were yield protected from at around the same time. Either he has so much time on his hands that he's smart enough to do his research just to troll, or he's being genuine. His neuroticism leads me to believe the latter.
You might be right, but if I remember correctly, you were the first one to call him out for trolling on his very first thread!

I only believe he is real to the extent that he is a premed applying to med schools. That explains not only the legit things he posts, but also how he knows how to push buttons here. He could as easily be getting the information he posts regarding IIs and Rs from the school specific threads as from personal experience. Whether or not he is real, the sheer volume of new threads he starts suggests he has way too much time on his hands, whether he is trolling or just sharing too much.

There is always a thin strain of plausibility in each of his posts; that's what makes them so sublime and why they attract so many responses. But, after a while, it just can't be real -- super high stats, super terrible school list, applying to a large number of schools off the top, adding a ridiculous number of additional schools in response to everyone's suggestions, not having NYU on his original list, having an II there a few weeks later, not knowing what yield protection is, being socially awkward, wondering if writing a potentially offensive PS might be the reason he gets early Rs, flash cards on all potential interviewers, etc. -- It's impossible to believe one person would do all of these things. It's even more impossible to believe he would come on here and share it all with us! :) It's not real; it's a caricature of the most clueless applicant of all time.

Last edited:
You might be right, but if I remember correctly, you were the first one to call him out for trolling on his very first thread!

I only believe he is real to the extent that he is a premed applying to med schools. That explains not only the legit things he posts, but also how he knows how to push buttons here. He could as easily be getting the information he posts regarding IIs and Rs from the school specific threads as from personal experience. Whether or not he is real, the sheer volume of new threads he starts suggests he has way too much time on his hands, whether he is trolling or just sharing too much.

There is always a thin strain of plausibility in each of his posts; that's what makes them so sublime and why they attract so many responses. But, after a while, it just can't be real -- super high stats, super terrible school list, applying to a large number of schools off the top, adding a ridiculous number of additional schools in response to everyone's suggestions, not having NYU on his original list, having an II there a few weeks later, not knowing what yield protection is, being socially awkward, wondering if writing a potentially offensive PS might be the reason he gets early Rs, flash cards on all potential interviewers, etc. -- It's impossible to believe one person would do all of these things. It's even more impossible to believe he would come on here and share it all with us! :) It's not real; it's a caricature of the most clueless applicant of all time.
This is calipremed slander and I won't have it

• Love
  • Haha
My boi is fresh off probation and immediately back to wildin'

• Haha
You are assuming that only members of the admissions committee will interview you. This is false. LCME only requires that voting to admit be formally adcom members. At many schools interviewers can be adcom, basic science faculty, clinical faculty, and others that may not appear on any NYU sheet. They can also be current students. At any large school you will have a pool of 50 to 150 who will take part in evaluation and interviews. At some schools you may be told ahead who will interview you. And I have been told on more than one occasion by more than one admissions person at more than one school how a candidate seemed to spend more time knowing facts about the school or faculty and how this as best laughable to creepy,

You are assuming that only members of the admissions committee will interview you. This is false. LCME only requires that voting to admit be formally adcom members. At many schools interviewers can be adcom, basic science faculty, clinical faculty, and others that may not appear on any NYU sheet. They can also be current students. At any large school you will have a pool of 50 to 150 who will take part in evaluation and interviews. At some schools you may be told ahead who will interview you. And I have been told on more than one occasion by more than one admissions person at more than one school how a candidate seemed to spend more time knowing facts about the school or faculty and how this as best laughable to creepy,
Doesn't it depends on how the candidate uses the info about the school or faculty? won't medical schools have why this school prompt? If so, aren't candidates already spending time on researching schools and faculty (for potential research opportunities)?

Doesn't it depends on how the candidate uses the info about the school or faculty? won't medical schools have why this school prompt? If so, aren't candidates already spending time on researching schools and faculty (for potential research opportunities)?
There is a big difference between knowing about the school and having an idea about some research opportunities with some faculty as opposed to planning to do In-depth biography back rounds of any possible interviewer.This goes beyond any sort of typical premedical neurotic behavior and borders on OCD Stalking behavior

Okay. You have some very solid points. I've grown a warm spot for CPM so maybe I'll have to reassess whether I consider him a troll or not.

• Love
Okay. You have some very solid points. I've grown a warm spot for CPM so maybe I'll have to reassess whether I consider him a troll or not.
From my perspective, the more you like him, the more you HAVE to consider him a troll, because the alternative is truly disturbing! :)

• Haha
From my perspective, the more you like him, the more you HAVE to consider him a troll, because the alternative is truly disturbing! :)
Interesting observation is OP starts a thread , never respond again but goes and creates a new thread!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Interesting observation is OP starts a thread but never respond again but goes and creates a new thread!
It just shows how busy he is!! :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Interesting observation is OP starts a thread , never respond again but goes and creates a new thread!
Like, y'know, these guys do?

• Haha
Have you read @WedgeDawg's sarcastic interview scenario in his signature?

(the link of "If you get bored")

This reads like a real-life version of that.

Finally out of the penalty box too (probationary status)...gonna be a good weekend.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.