How many people have been accepted???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many acceptances do you have???

• 0 *sigh*

Votes: 63 21.5%
  • 1 *whew*

Votes: 75 25.6%
  • 2-3 *sweet!*

Votes: 95 32.4%
  • 4+ *damn you overachievers*

Votes: 60 20.5%

• Total voters

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have yet to recieve an acceptance :( so this poll is just to see how many people have been accepted, and how many of those have multiple acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Bro, you've got a gazillion interviews. You're bound to get in somewhere. Just be patient - your stats are insane especially for an engineering major.

Originally posted by Kashue
Bro, you've got a gazillion interviews. You're bound to get in somewhere. Just be patient - your stats are insane especially for an engineering major.

That's what I keep telling myself...but getting waitlisted at Penn State and Buffalo is making me nervous. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ZekeMD
That's what I keep telling myself...but getting waitlisted at Penn State and Buffalo is making me nervous. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

If it makes you feel any better, I was waitlisted there too. They don't know what they are missing out on ;).

The # of acceptances people have at this point varies wildly depending on the nature of the schools they applied to (rolling vs semirolling vs nonrolling) and state of residence (Texans find out on Saturday).

That said, I think most people find out towards the end of the cycle anyway, since that is when most acceptances are given out.

Youve had a good number of interviews Zeke, you are definitely going to get into a few places. Might not found out til Feb/Mar, but its definitely going to happen.

I have yet to recieve an acceptance :( so this poll is just to see how many people have been accepted, and how many of those have multiple acceptances.

12 interviews? You're golden, no worries!

I had only two when I got my acceptance, so I can't imagine you won't have a wonderful yet difficult choice to make very soon!!

I got waitlisted at Penn state too but it was because they had asked me which other places I had applied to and were afraid I wouldn't attend even if I got in. Your numbers are much better than mine, you've got more interviews and in general, are a more competitive canditate. Don't sweat it.

I just found out I got in somewhere last week... It's kinda wierd having your "Phew!" school be U Chicago. I'm alternating between "Wow! I got into U Chicago! It's such a great school!" and "Thank GOD I'm gonna be a doctor, who cares where" and "Hmmm... I wonder if I'll get in anywhere else."

Anka

zeke if you dont get in med school this year, i'll quit pursuing medicine. i'm that sure youll get in. :)

I just found out I got in somewhere last week... It's kinda wierd having your "Phew!" school be U Chicago. I'm alternating between "Wow! I got into U Chicago! It's such a great school!" and "Thank GOD I'm gonna be a doctor, who cares where" and "Hmmm... I wonder if I'll get in anywhere else."

congrats! I just found out that Upstate called my house today. They just asked me to return the call tomorrow. Think this is an acceptance??? I interviewed there in the beginning of January. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :D

Zeke, I want to congradulate you, but no jinx you. I guess I'll have to wait.

clap:

Anka

Hey Dr Zeke,

Don't you remember Jennifer Welch saying that if you got a CALL from Upstate then that would mean an ACCEPTANCE !

Dude, they might actually be calling you to let you know that you're rejected but that's not what I remember them telling me. Call = acceptance, letter = waitlist or rejection.

:hardy:

congrats! I just found out that Upstate called my house today. They just asked me to return the call tomorrow. Think this is an acceptance??? I interviewed there in the beginning of January. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :D

you got accepted dude. grats.

Members don't see this ad :)

No admission staff will like to call someone about waitlist or rejection...it's just an embarrassing situation. So yes, it's an acceptance.

Originally posted by CalBeE
No admission staff will like to call someone about waitlist or rejection...it's just an embarrassing situation. So yes, it's an acceptance.

:D Figures, as soon as I post this poll I get an acceptance. Now you'll see tons of these polls being posted in an attempt to garner an acceptance. Good luck to all. :clap:

Congrats man...I also have just one... *whew*... three more interviews coming up, though...

Good luck to all of us.

so....if it worked for Zeke (CONGRADS!!!!:clap: ) maybe it will work for me!!

Poll: How many people have received an acceptance to Case Western Reserve University?

( ) 10
( ) 50
( ) 75
( ) Not me.... :(

Ok...I haven't gotten mine yet but I know they want to send it out right now!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by CanIBeMe??
so....if it worked for Zeke (CONGRADS!!!!:clap: ) maybe it will work for me!!

Poll: How many people have received an acceptance to Case Western Reserve University?

( ) 10
( ) 50
( ) 75
( ) Not me.... :(

Ok...I haven't gotten mine yet but I know they want to send it out right now!!! RIGHT NOW!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DrJ2b meet CanIBeMe??
CanIBeMe?? meet DrJ2B

CanIBeMe?? what is it about Case you love so much btw?

zeke what were your stats btw ?

Originally posted by Mr Reddly
Hey Kashue,
Why Case? Seems like there are some other threads of people talking about that particular school. Anything special for you?

As for your poll, I think I've seen atleast 4 SDNers with Case in their sig.

Case? Cleveland Clinic affiliation, pass/fail, diverse student body. I've been fortunate enough to have been accepted, but I'm not sure which school is right for me atm...

Originally posted by kmnfive
zeke what were your stats btw ?

35 (August mcat), 3.92 in chemical engineering.

Not a whole lot of medical experience, but I am really involved in an AIDS education group and have shadowed.

35 (August mcat), 3.92 in chemical engineering.

Not a whole lot of medical experience, but I am really involved in an AIDS education group and have shadowed.

holy crap........ 3.9 and a 35....... that IS amazing...

congrats on your acceptance, as i bow down to your gpa in CE...

hehe....

good luck with everything zeke--not that you'll need it, you seem to know what youre doing.

Originally posted by kmnfive
holy crap........ 3.9 and a 35....... that IS amazing...

congrats on your acceptance, as i bow down to your gpa in CE...

hehe....

good luck with everything zeke--not that you'll need it, you seem to know what youre doing.

Thanks, good luck to you also.

Hey Kashue!

Thanks for the shoutout, but CanIBeMe?? and I are acquainted. ;) We understand each other. :)

Zeke,

Remember they save the best for last!

You will be an MD, don't worry!

Good Luck bro & keep me posted!

Best,

Rocco

AIM: Rocpen321

Originally posted by RoccoWJ
Zeke,

Remember they save the best for last!

You will be an MD, don't worry!

Good Luck bro & keep me posted!

Best,

Rocco

AIM: Rocpen321

Hey Rocco,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I've been accepted to one school thus far so I know I'll be an MD. Now it's just a matter of getting into the school I love. I wish you luck also.

Zeke

Hey ZekeMD!

I can definitely understand where you are coming from but I have no such guarantee of being an MD. I still have no acceptances. I am going to hear from UCLA this week so maybe I will have some good news to share. Keep your chin up! I wish you the best of luck! :)

Don't get too greedy now! (I know the feeling of waiting for that ONE school.....)

AWESOME! the world needs less cut throat doctors!

Rocco

Originally posted by DrJ2B
Hey ZekeMD!

I can definitely understand where you are coming from but I have no such guarantee of being an MD. I still have no acceptances. I am going to hear from UCLA this week so maybe I will have some good news to share. Keep your chin up! I wish you the best of luck! :)

DrJ2B,

I wish you the best and am sure you will get in somewhere. UCLA would be a great first acceptance, don't ya think? Anyhow, keep us all posted!

Chin up Zeke, you'll get into more places. I've already gotten into 2 places, with decisions pending from 6 more, and Upstate waitlisted my butt, so you've got more going for you than me at least ;)

...ok the only two SDNers that understand obsession with schools?? DrJ2B and myself!! ;)

...As for why I luv Case?? ....to not repeat all the great reasons Kashue......I actually love the curriculum there...it is very diverse and allows for pursuit for a variety of non-medical studies. Actually, the first thing that attracted me to Case is that it is the only school in the nation to offer a joint M.D./Ph.D in Urban Medical Anthropology.....something I am fascinated with and am studying now in a way. Also, I had the opportunity to observe multiple classes there and was fascinated by the faculty members I was able to observe. Not your typical stick in the mud I am just going to lecture to you...yadda....yadda....yadda....I have seen at other schools. Grantd I only saw 2 or 3 out of how many?? But those few made a significant impact---I like profs who want to actually teach the material b/c they like it and they want you to learn vs. those that just teach b/c it is a job. In addition, I liked the new dean, I have yet to meet a dean so passionate about the direction he wants to take an institution. Not to mention I like the ideas for Case he has. Then there is Cleveland...no it is not Philadelphia, but I have been here all my life so in regards to moving to a new place it didn't seem like a bad city, lots of creative arts, fairly good opera company and good restaurants. Oh yeah, the cost of living there is so much cheaper I coudln't believe it when I saw the rental prices in the newspaper and online. Also the school has quite a few non-trads.....of which I am one. I would prefer a school that has more students with experiences similar to mine vs a school that is full of people from UG...not that I am knocking you UGs.....I just can't keep up with you any more...but then again....I did a post-bac at University of Gunners....and that'snot my style....another reason why i like Case....the set up there is an environment to foster cooperation not competition. And finally.....Cleveland is a shorter drive to Chicago then from Philly....why is that improtant?? Fiancee has to do research there for disertation.....ok...I am done.....now I can go write my LOI...... (DUCKS as DrJ2B throws a phone at her!! ---Dont' call your mama yet...I need a few more days!!) Just got home and about to fall asleep flat on my face......aka....not bothering to spell check this so ignore all typos and errors and "......" :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

....oh yeah....dang.....posted the poll and no letter from Case....well...no letter better then rejection letter!! :laugh:

Congrats to all that got acceptances today.....saw another Case one also....forgot your name....but congrats to you too!!!

Congrats to all that got acceptances today.....saw another Case one also....forgot your name....but congrats to you too!!!

Thats me! I am so psyched out!

Are you a potential classmate?

Is it your top choice so far Rocco? CanIBeMe...I understand your obsession too (see my other 10 case posts):D I really like Case but now I am on hold....waiting and wondering:(

Originally posted by CanIBeMe??
In addition, I liked the new dean, I have yet to meet a dean so passionate about the direction he wants to take an institution. Not to mention I like the ideas for Case he has.

Does anybody else think that the new dean looks like Michael Eisner, CEO of Walt Disney?

I have had 1 acceptance since november to Drexel and that is my only one so far. It was nice having the weight off my shoulders early on, but I am waitlisted at Jefferson, which is my number one choice and I still have to hear from tufts. I like philly, so I don't mind drexel at all (despite its poor reputation on here), but I prefer jefferson much more (location, etc...).

Heres to hoping that jefferson gives me another acceptance.