how many people still haven't submitted AMCAS application?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmejia1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of those of you who took the April 2001, and don't plan to retake, anyone still having problems finishing the application and submitting? Thank God I finally submitted my application this morning. I empathize with those that are still having problems though. I think that AMCAS has started to pick thier act up after showing up on more than a couple newpapers. Now I wonder the extent of glitches that might prevent schools from recieving our applications.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jmejia1:
•I think that AMCAS has started to pick thier act up after showing up on more than a couple newpapers. •

Well, I do hope that they make some improvements fast. Yesterday I tried to contact AMCAS via phone to check the status of my transcripts, but I couldn't get through after waiting two hours. :(

I haven't been able to complete mine yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's some encouragement...

I didn't submit my AMCAS last summer until July 19. I listed 10 schools on my AMCAS, did 9 secondaries,
got 6 interviews,
got 3 acceptances - including a top school
and got 3 waitlists (from which I removed myself when I decided where I wanted to go back in May).

You'll be fine. Hang in there.

I'm still working on mine. I got side tracked because I'm moving apartments and I got malaria from my vacation to Mexico. I have faith that I too can conquer the AMCAS dragon.

I think late is considered submitting in September or after. July and June submissions are still early cause usually half of applications are received in mid August. That's what my friend who works in an admission office said anyhow.

Remember, most people who apply don't check SDN, so they aren't as on the ball as a lot of the SDNers.

Good luck to all!

I'm still working on mine--I hope to submitt it next weekend, when I'll have a few hours free to spare...from what I've read on this board, I'm sure it will take many hours to submitt. (Ugh!) The practice vision is what's holding me up at this point. :mad:

I have not submitted mine either. I'll have mine in by the end of July.

i just submitted mine last night....thank God i didn't have any problems with it. i sure hope that next years class doesn't have to go through what we have gone through with this thing.

Good Luck to everyone on getting their apps in!!

Uncle Spang is in the house!! I submitted mine tonight without a hitch. Went right through!!

Of course now I expect AMCAS to take weeks to wade through my transcripts and lose most of them!!!

hey everyone!

when is the deadline to apply for early decision?

sigh... yet another day goes by in which I do not finish my app...

August 1 is the deadline for EDP normally! I am assuming it will still be that deadline, but who in the heck knows this year?

later