How many post-secondary experiences did you enter for 2003 amcas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yogi Bear

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many post-secondary experiences did you enter for 2003 amcas?

Members don't see this ad.

I entered 8 for AMCAS 2002

I was debating on whether or not to list some things separately or together. For instance I'm a CPR, ACLS, and EMS instructor each of which is a separate entity, but could also be grouped together. I opted to group them together. This might cut down on the number of listed post-secondaries, but from reading the instructions it seems that the Adcom's would rather have it that way.

Members don't see this ad :)
A friend of mine in medical school was told the following by the dean of her M.D. program.....

"The thicker the application, the thicker the applicant"

Try to keep the superfluous experiences out or too a minimum, send only the number of recs they will take, be succinct, you get the picture.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by DW:
•A friend of mine in medical school was told the following by the dean of her M.D. program.....

"The thicker the application, the thicker the applicant"

Try to keep the superfluous experiences out or too a minimum, send only the number of recs they will take, be succinct, you get the picture.•••••You could also interpret that quote as saying a thicker application implies a more substantial applicant. :) I do know that the length of an essay and its grade are positively correlated....possibly independent of the quality of the essay.