1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

How many practice tests should I take before 8/23 test?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by SephirothXR, Aug 7, 2011.

1. SephirothXR

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I've taken all AAMC except 4,5,6 and 11. I have all Kaplan FLs. I'm using a few resources here or there for last minute content review (I've done it all and it's just to refresh) but I will be taking as many practice passages as I can and looking at why I got them wrong. To ensure that I don't tire myself out before my 8/23 exam, how many of the Kaplan FLs (I'm definitely taking all AAMCs) should I take? Is it advisable to take one every day? Or at least take individual sections from Kaplan (maybe take AAMC one day, a little content review, and next day look over mistakes and take a few more practice passages from previous FLs (if I don't remember them) or Kaplan passages). Does anyone consider Kaplan Verbal really that useful though?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mitchlucker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I would just take the rest of the AAMC tests as you're planning.

If you're worried about verbal I would try EK101.

Don't think Kaplan verbal is that great, but if you need the extra practice it can't hurt. I would just keep reviewing concepts, as nailing those are more important than doing practice problems on things you already know.

4. mitchlucker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I would just take the rest of the AAMC tests as you're planning.

If you're worried about verbal I would try EK101.

Don't think Kaplan verbal is that great, but if you need the extra practice it can't hurt. For the sciences, know concepts. The topics in the practice AAMC tests are not by chance. Know the answer to every question.

5. SephirothXR

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I took about 1/2 of all the EK 101 passages. I thought I would end up finishing them all but I guess I'll be doing a bunch of those in addition with concept reviews for the next 2 weeks. Any advice on the last two days before the exam? Have a lot of people studied a ton in the last 2 days and ended up extremely tired before (and would recommend against it)?

6. paul411

paul411 ANES
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Don't do one FL per day. You need a day thoroughly reviewing each FL for optimal results. This means going through all the incorrect questions, marked questions and even the questions that you got right (make sure you got it right for the right reasons).

7. kehlsh

kehlsh Medic Commando
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    werd:

quality > quantity