How many practice tests should I take before 8/23 test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SephirothXR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken all AAMC except 4,5,6 and 11. I have all Kaplan FLs. I'm using a few resources here or there for last minute content review (I've done it all and it's just to refresh) but I will be taking as many practice passages as I can and looking at why I got them wrong. To ensure that I don't tire myself out before my 8/23 exam, how many of the Kaplan FLs (I'm definitely taking all AAMCs) should I take? Is it advisable to take one every day? Or at least take individual sections from Kaplan (maybe take AAMC one day, a little content review, and next day look over mistakes and take a few more practice passages from previous FLs (if I don't remember them) or Kaplan passages). Does anyone consider Kaplan Verbal really that useful though?

Members don't see this ad.

I would just take the rest of the AAMC tests as you're planning.

If you're worried about verbal I would try EK101.

Don't think Kaplan verbal is that great, but if you need the extra practice it can't hurt. I would just keep reviewing concepts, as nailing those are more important than doing practice problems on things you already know.

I would just take the rest of the AAMC tests as you're planning.

If you're worried about verbal I would try EK101.

Don't think Kaplan verbal is that great, but if you need the extra practice it can't hurt. For the sciences, know concepts. The topics in the practice AAMC tests are not by chance. Know the answer to every question.

I took about 1/2 of all the EK 101 passages. I thought I would end up finishing them all but I guess I'll be doing a bunch of those in addition with concept reviews for the next 2 weeks. Any advice on the last two days before the exam? Have a lot of people studied a ton in the last 2 days and ended up extremely tired before (and would recommend against it)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't do one FL per day. You need a day thoroughly reviewing each FL for optimal results. This means going through all the incorrect questions, marked questions and even the questions that you got right (make sure you got it right for the right reasons).

Don't do one FL per day. You need a day thoroughly reviewing each FL for optimal results. This means going through all the incorrect questions, marked questions and even the questions that you got right (make sure you got it right for the right reasons).

werd:

quality > quantity