ponybreeder4

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
So i am aiming for a 35. I have yet to take a practice test because i dont think there's a point to taking them before i finish content review. I am testing sept 12th and hope to finish reviewing aug 12, leaving me a month for practice tests. I have 7 princeton cbts, AAMC exam 5 and the kaplan diagnostic. will this be enough or should i purchase some more? and if so, which ones? In total this is 9..

eez

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 6, 2008
Status
Pre-Medical
So i am aiming for a 35. I have yet to take a practice test because i dont think there's a point to taking them before i finish content review. I am testing sept 12th and hope to finish reviewing aug 12, leaving me a month for practice tests. I have 7 princeton cbts, AAMC exam 5 and the kaplan diagnostic. will this be enough or should i purchase some more? and if so, which ones? In total this is 9..
the more practice tests = the more familiar you're with the type of questions
search the forum on which company's FL's you should get (if you want to)

Good luck on the test :thumbup:

C

CaliforniaKid

I would definitely suggest you take at least 3 AAMC tests because they are absolutely valuable and have great predicting power. However, don't worry about purchasing any more exams right now. Finish up your content review, and test your progress by taking a few of TPR fl's. If you are scoring around 34+ on TPR tests, then give the aamc a shot. If you can achieve your goal on at least 2-3 AAMC exams then i don't think further exams will be necessary. good luck

Also, If you do plan on getting more AAMC exams, the consensus is that 6,7,8 are better than the earlier ones.

capn jazz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2006
Status
Medical Student
You need to take AAMC 3-10, and then the others if you have time.

dr seuss

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2008
Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
You need to take AAMC 3-10, and then the others if you have time.
For something so important, I don't know why you wouldn't use the AAMC tests.

I think the 8 AAMC tests are enough if you are doing the BR passages or the hyperlearning workbook while doing content. I think you should use those, then the AAMC tests at the end of your prep. But if you are just using EK then I think more tests would be beneficial.

2010houston

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
I found Kaplan/TPR depressing, b/c my score wandered around so much and they seemed too hard or too easy. AAMCs were way, way better and more consistent. But I think doing all AAMCs, 3-10, is a lot - if you get tired of them (AND have already done a lot of other practice), don't feel too guilty about not taking all of them! I think I did 6 and they were totally predictive of my real MCAT score.

vladmoney

It tolls for thee.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
i got time to take 4 AAMC (already took the free one), which other ones do you guys suggest the most?

capn jazz

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2006
Status
Medical Student
You need to take AAMC 3-10. Absolutely. Do NOT take other exams at the expense of taking all the AAMCs. Do not take the MCAT without all the AAMCs. If you insist, which is a bad idea, at least make sure you take the more recent ones: AAMCs 7-10.

vladmoney

It tolls for thee.
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
You need to take AAMC 3-10. Absolutely. Do NOT take other exams at the expense of taking all the AAMCs. Do not take the MCAT without all the AAMCs. If you insist, which is a bad idea, at least make sure you take the more recent ones: AAMCs 7-10.
you really feel that the AAMC practice tests are really that make or break on your MCAT? I mean I can probably fit 3-10 in, but at what cost.