How many Q's in each subject

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kabtq9s

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, I go this from the AAMC site

Test Section Questions Time
Tutorial (optional)

10 minutes

Physical Sciences
70 minutes

Break (optional)

10 minutes

Verbal Reasoning
60 minutes

Break (optional )

10 minutes

Writing Sample
60 minutes

Break (optional)

10 minutes

Biological Sciences
70 minutes

Survey

10 minutes

Total Content Time

4 hours, 20 minutes

Total Test Time

4 hours, 45 minutes

Total Appointment Time

5 hours, 20 minutes

but I need to know how many questions are there in each specific subject(ie. gen chem 30 Qs, physics 25 questins )

does any body know where to get that info from ?

Members don't see this ad.

Vish is right. The general trend is:

Physical sciences:
Roughly equal amounts of physics and chemistry, although some forms seem to be heavily polarized towards one subject or the other.

Biological sciences:
Always much more biology than organic chemistry. Roughly 66% biology, 33% organic chemistry, but again, some forms seem to almost omit organic chemistry completely, but rarely do you see a large amount of organic chemistry on the biological sciences section.

Good luck :luck:

Does anyone know how many wrong answers can one get away with in ach section to obtain a 14 or 15?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many wrong answers can one get away with in ach section to obtain a 14 or 15?

We can't tell you that either because it varies from test form to test form. Some tests require perfection for a 15, some you can get 1-2 wrong. Usually you can only get 1-2 wrong to get a 14-15 but it really is variable.

My personal method was to just aim at 95% correct on every exam. If you can do that consistently you'll probably end up with a 38-41.

Just to echo what has been said already, it's going to vary from test to test. I think that the physical science section is somewhat less variable and is usually about 50/50 physics/chemistry, though I'm sure it can swing to 60/40 in either way. Probably not much more than that though.

Bio on the other hand is much more variably split between organic/bio. My exam had 1 orgo passage and a few discretes which made it about 20/80 organic/bio. There were people who took it my same day and had 2 passages, and I believe people who took it january that had 3, so about 20-40/80-60 split.